Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gillette Photos 7/19/2008

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

Gillette Photos 7/19/2008

Over 2000 shots in the bag. Here are a few from the photo crew

Paul Bachorz - F Twins Moderator
    RA Rallymeister - Pownal, Vermont
    Click here.

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

Paul Bachorz - F Twins Moderator
    RA Rallymeister - Pownal, Vermont
    Click here.

The GS Trials

this was fun... to watch.

Randy Owens, Polarbear, was trialmaster, laying out a pretty challenging course at the local motocross track. The course featured a little of everything... tight turns, some steep slopes, off-camber hillside, drop-offs.

Mike Rand, OutbackUFO, had a strong showing on his 1150, ultimately finishing third.

a "dab" in the process of becoming a little get-off.

Russ Moser, PacWest GS, was the victor, he cleaned the course on his first ride, and won the timed run-off between the other three riders who also cleaned on the first loop.

Russ then got on a borrowed G650 and blasted around the course a lot faster than he rode with his Adventure.

Then he loaded his bike and rode off for home in Seattle... by way of Glacier National Park.

OUTBACKUFO
    More of the MOA Trials... for you who want to know more info on how it was run... Polarbear set up a intermediate to advance course. a "dip" foot down or hitting a boundary line or obstical marker was 1 point... stall or stop with a foot down was 2 points and a tip over was 3 points... 4 of us finished first round with Zero points then did a run off via time and points penlities... Russ finished second round with one 5 second penality but still burned through the course at 53 seconds total... second was Wade Stoughton at just under a 60 sec... with one penality... I finished third at 71 secs with Zero penalities ( i had to go first second round) and Nick on the '92 R100R was fourth... give it up for Nick on his dad's mint R100R with road tires

Russ doing his stuff...

Russ pulling a victory wheelee....

Russ on G650

Nick only 17 on the R100R

Wade

Me (thanks Ian for the photo)

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    MORE MORE MORE!
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

SNOONE
    Paul, Great shots.. I was waiting for these.....

gillette pix

Boss Man's still looking pretty skinny.

Are Brats not available in Wyoming?

Rinty

I got this one for the one afternoon I was there wandering without my head on, after a cell call about a family medical emergency at home, after flying in. Flew out the next morning, unfortunately, but better off here, because I did. Still, missed too much I'm afraid.

But, in the end, all is OK, and emergency is now over and done.

Last edited by AZ-J; 07-20-2008 at 10:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

Does anyone have the attendance numbers for the rally? I assume they announced them at the closing ceremony as usual....
    Josh Metzger - Toledo, OH
    BMWMOA#123695, ABC#8463
    1978 R80/7, 1993 R100GSPD

there were 5103-ish attendees (recalling from memory)

one of these days we are going to get the data from awards and tallies so that it can be posted right after the closing ceremonies for those couldn't attend but want to know. we's working on it!

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

Rharrod
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
    I got this one for the one afternoon I was there wandering without my head on, after a cell call about a family medical emergency at home, after flying in. Flew out the next morning, unfortunately, but better off here, because I did. Still, missed too much I'm afraid.

But, in the end, all is OK, and emergency is now over and done.

What about your bike? I do have room for it here! Let me know if you need or I can help in any way! Richard

Thanks Richard but the original post notes I flew in, and flew out. My bike is safely in garage here at home (where it's too hot to ride it). Today, here, it is a "cool" monsoonal 93 degrees with 36% RH (and a 63 degree dew point) but until this monsoon day, we have been 106-113.

And, I flew in originally because I did not want to trek some 200-300 miles of hot desert alone coming and could not get any fellow locals to commit with me, until I already had my non-refundable airline tickets. This was just a supreme disaster of a long weekend for me that is now calming down just in time for a Monday morning. It could have been much worse, though, so I am most grateful.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

Rharrod
    OK, then anytime. Hope all is well.

BUBBAZANETTI
    Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    [B]
    khaki on khaki dave, tsk tsk..............

clearly my intense MSF schedule this weekend is showing through.........

25-MPH NEXT 1OO MILES PacWestGS's Avatar

(P.S. Those that know - tire did fine, it's worn out though, too many switchbacks and hairpins )
    Last edited by PacWestGS; 07-21-2008 at 09:09 AM.
    Russ
    "If you took the time to really get to know me...you'd be wasting your time, because I'm exactly who you think I am"

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)