Thread: Anyone recognize this jacket?

chris_bennett

Anyone recognize this jacket?

I spotted what I think is a pretty cool looking jacket in this article about Ewan McGregor's motorcycle tour of Europe:

Ewan McGregor Escapes Misquito Death Bite

Does anyone recognize this BMW jacket that Ewan is wearing? I'd like to pick one up for myself, but have not seen it before.

Thanks,

Chris

It's a Rally2, I believe. Pretty nice outfit, IMHO.

Welcome aboard, Chris.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Buzzed and Belligerent gambrinus's Avatar
    And hey, look there on the shoulder.... one of those patches that someone was looking for!! Probably $650 for the patch and they throw in the jacket for free!!

Talking

Gambrinus dude that f--king avatar is awesome I laugh my ass off! everytime I see it!

Originally posted by LICK MY BRICK
    Gambrinus dude that f--king avatar is awesome I laugh my ass off! everytime I see it!
    Happy fat man playing the drums?
    Self portrait?

Buzzed and Belligerent gambrinus's Avatar
    I don't think that there are drums involved, and no, it's not a self portrait. I think it's a picture of a happy little boy who has just been told that he will getting some ice-cream.

No wonder why I keep getting outbid...

dlearl476
    >Does anyone recognize this BMW jacket that Ewan is wearing? I'd like to pick one up for myself, but have not seen it before.

So I guess that means BMW-NA hasn't closed down your great local dealership and opened a lifestyle boo-tique which is long on product and short on customer service yet. Count yourself lucky.
    You can find the gear on the BMW website, then order it from one of many good dealers. No personal experience with any save Motobins, UK, but I've seen numerous posts from satisfied customers of Chicago BMW. They give a 20% (?) discount on parts, don't know about Riders Apparel.

Me, I'm really interested in BMWs new CF helmet I saw in "BIKE" this month. A trip to Canada might be in order.

Originally posted by dlearl
    You can find the gear on the BMW website, then order it from one of many good dealers. No personal experience with any save Motobins, UK, but I've seen numerous posts from satisfied customers of Chicago BMW. They give a 20% (?) discount on parts, don't know about Riders Apparel.
    I sure wouldn't take anything away from Chicago BMW because I've heard nothing but good stuff about them.

But I have to add that there's a 'new kid on the block' in the Chicago area. That's Tag Sport in Geneva. They carry BMW apparel so you can actually go there and try it on. They also provide service after the sale. When a snap popped out of my liner, they exchanged it for another liner so I wouldn't have to do without. (It was still pretty new at the time.) That contrasts with a local UJM shop where I bought my Firstgear mesh. (DGY in DG. ) When I took it back because teeth were falling out of the zipper, they basically told me that they couldn't help and instead gave me the phone number of Intersport (who imports Firstgear.)

Just because they are a boutique does not mean that they don't have good people that provide service.
    Hank Barta
    K1200RS, R100R/Velorex 700
    Beautiful Sunny Winfield, IL

[i]
    Just because they are a boutique does not mean that they don't have good people that provide service.
    I agree, my local dealer Revard BMW is a boutique but is staffed by a bunch of guys who actually know what the heck they are talking about. It is always a pleasure to work with them.