Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looks like, some of you are here!

Things are going well on the Gillette trip.

The first day I turned on the 4-way flashers and could not turn them off. Finally after an hour of driving I had to remove the flasher module and plug it in again. That took care of it. I wonÔÇÖt turn them on again.

Was also dripping a little oil. Had to tighten the chrome valve covers and that took care of this issue.

South Dakota is nothing but grass (few trees). I can see why there were millions of buffalo. Not much traffic on I-90 West bound ($4.00 a gallon make that no surprise)

I had a flat today. Go figure!!! New Metzler tires and picked up a screw.

Made it to a gas station with free air (How unusual is that?) and a friendly Gold-Wing owner had a tire repair plugging kit. He fixed it and we are on are away again. I donÔÇÖt go much faster than 65 MPH so I suspect the plug will be OK, it does not leak.

None the less, while it has been challenging, it so far has been a cool trip and the BMW R1100RT is fun to ride.
    Rob Mayes
    www.cyclecranks.com | 2000 BMW R1100RT (Current) | 2000 HD DynaWide Glide (Current)
    1985 Honda Magna V-65 | 1970 Norton Commando | 1966 Triumph Chopper | 1962 Honda 125 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by tessler View Post
    Hey Voni

Did the Camp GEARS T-shirts come out ok and did they ever get a few RED ones made for you?

Enjoy the Rally! Wish I was there.
    Sure did!! Mine in RED is the best but the young riders look way cool in blue!

Thanks!

Voni
    sMiling

http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles