Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 76 to 82 of 82

Thread: Ear Plugs - Discuss.

  1. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    66

    Great News!

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus214 View Post
    After wearing earplugs for the first time this week, I would never ride without them. I felt much less fatigued and enjoyed the ride all the more with the ear plugs. I was able to hear car horns and an ambulance siren without a problem. I have trouble with the foam type plugs, but not with these; definitely recommend them.
    Congrats, Deadalus. Ditto for me.

    Actually, I have found that anything that improves my comfort helps me focus on the ride and makes it more enjoyable.
    --------------
    J. Garrard
    2000 K1200LT - "Panzer"
    1997 Kawi Vulcan 750 - "Mr. Spoc"

  2. #77
    Registered User bmwgsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    531
    I wear Hearos. I like them a lot. I would like to buy a large quantity but not able to find a source for a good price. Does anyone know where one can buy a large quantity of the Hearos ear plugs?

    Thanks in advance.

  3. #78
    Registered User RTRandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,585
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwgsrider View Post
    I wear Hearos. I like them a lot. I would like to buy a large quantity but not able to find a source for a good price. Does anyone know where one can buy a large quantity of the Hearos ear plugs?

    Thanks in advance.

    earplugstore.com for sure. http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/ Best selection anywhere and excellent service. They ship out of Oklahoma so you'll get them in a day.

    My favorite has been the Moldex style called "Spark Plugs" and for a slightly softer feel try Howard lights.
    Luck favors those who are prepared.

  4. #79
    Registered User bmwgsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by RTRandy View Post
    earplugstore.com for sure. http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/ Best selection anywhere and excellent service. They ship out of Oklahoma so you'll get them in a day.

    My favorite has been the Moldex style called "Spark Plugs" and for a slightly softer feel try Howard lights.

    I have ordered from them before. They do not have a large quantity on the plugs I like. I will try calling them and see what they tell me. Thanks.

  5. #80
    TNSTAAFL Troutluck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    West Fork, Arkansas
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridesalot View Post
    Worlds Finest Natural ear plugs
    Rated NRR 34, and blended from the purest beeswax, cotton and lanolin
    I ordered these and they work well. They are certainly the most comfortable earplugs I've ever worn, and I've tried a lot in different plant environments. When they get hot, though, they're almost too squishy and sometimes leave a little blue residue in my ears. Worth the tradeoff for the comfort and effectiveness, IMO. I bought a 20 pack of these and still haven't "worn out" the first pair. Wash under hot water.
    Jack Pate | '09G650GS | '95 R100RT | Previously: '00R1100R, '87K75T
    NW Arkansawyer |
    BMWMOA #125430 | Fraternal Order of the Mudshark (FOM #0001)

  6. #81
    Registered User bmwgsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by Troutluck View Post
    I ordered these and they work well. They are certainly the most comfortable earplugs I've ever worn, and I've tried a lot in different plant environments. When they get hot, though, they're almost too squishy and sometimes leave a little blue residue in my ears. Worth the tradeoff for the comfort and effectiveness, IMO. I bought a 20 pack of these and still haven't "worn out" the first pair. Wash under hot water.
    Do you like them better then the Hearos? I have tiny ear canals so they need to be soft enough like the Hearos for me to get the plugs in to where they will seal in my ear.

  7. #82
    Registered User Rod Sheridan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto Ontario
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by lancew View Post
    There are a lot of different types- some catalogs and distributors even sell variety packs so you can find the best fit for you. I buy the EAR Classics (yellow foam cylinders) - you can get a case of 200 packs for under thirty bucks.

    For me, the lower noise level makes for a lot more relaxing trip - I'm more relaxed and alert, especially on a longish day - your mileage may vary...
    I also use the Ear Classics, and find them comfortable after a couple of minutes.

    I second the relaxing part about riding with ear plugs, at the end of the day, I'm not as tired..........Rod.
    Work is the curse of the riding class

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •