Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer Garden Selections?

Beer Garden Selections?

I was sitting here thinking about the great beer at last years rally- Leinekugel's, aka the Pride of Chippewa Falls. That got me to thinking about what local brews will be available in the Beer Garden this year. Can the Beer Meister give us an update?

I also came across this article in the Rocky Mountain News from Dec 07. Looks like hotel rates aren't the only thing that will be going up......

Proposal would triple Wyoming's beer tax
    Here's a tax increase sure to make people cry in their beer.

That's right: Lawmakers are considering a tax increase on beer, and proponents say the mental health and substance abuse treatment that would benefit are good causes.

Wyoming taxes beer at 2 cents per gallon. A draft bill before the Select Committee on Mental Health and Substance Abuse would raise that to 6.5 cents per gallon.

By volume, the tax on beer is low. Wine is taxed at 28 cents per gallon. The tax on hard alcohol is 24 cents per gallon.

But Wyomingites drink enough beer that the increase would raise an additional $607,500 a year, based on the $270,000 raised by the 2-cent tax each year.

Thrilled for today!
    speaking of beverages...what is the situation for those of us that may not be able to drink wheat/barley/rye beverages? I cannot eat/drink/inhale gluten and wondering if other beverages are available or if I can bring a flask for my own personal use?

HODAG
    theres a few gluten free beers out there...

for me
    i hope fat tire

We are still taste testing. A tedious process.

As far as price goes, prices are set by the distributors each quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    So how high is bottled water ?

Last year we had a thermos of ice water and cups available for free water, still bottle water out sold any of the beer brands.

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerTeam View Post

As far as price goes, prices are set by the distributors each quarter.

Last year we had a thermos of ice water and cups available for free water, still bottle water out sold any of the beer brands.

We all appreciate your attention to detail. Does the team need any subs or assistants/assistance?

Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    We all appreciate your attention to detail. Does the team need any subs or assistants/assistance?
    ha!

I mentioned it another thread, but it bears repeating here - I really appreciate the fact that regional beers are available at the beer tent. We are so fortunate that the rally organizers make an effort to make each rally a unique experience which embraces the locale. Bravo!

oh and MplsK100RT, I can't speak officially, but rally attendees have always been free to bring in their own food and beverages.

Thrilled for today!
    cool, because unless there are ingredient lists for each and every vendor I cannot eat much of what they will offer. It's unfortunate, but if I am still able to attend I will have to survive on bars and whatever else I can manage to cram into my side bags.

Gluten Free

I have already requested that the beer team look into having some gluten free beer available. I'm hoping it works out for us.

Food at rallies is always a problem as most fast food is guaranteed be full of wheat. There was one vendor at West Bend who checked the labels for me and I did find something to eat there. I always bring the bars and crammed saddle bags too.

Holly

Quote Originally Posted by BeerTeam View Post
    hey santa... just so you know, i am partial to budweiser, myself...

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

Thrilled for today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I have already requested that the beer team look into having some gluten free beer available. I'm hoping it works out for us.

Food at rallies is always a problem as most fast food is guaranteed be full of wheat. There was one vendor at West Bend who checked the labels for me and I did find something to eat there. I always bring the bars and crammed saddle bags too.

Holly
    with gluten free beer and a falafel stand I'd be a happy camper

Yes to the Falafel stand

Not sure about the gluten free beer Holly but I vote for the falalfel stand. I'll try that beer on the 9th when I see you.

Quote Originally Posted by BAClark View Post
    Not sure about the gluten free beer Holly but I vote for the falalfel stand. I'll try that beer on the 9th when I see you.

I loved the two rallies I've attended so far. I would not dream of complaining about a single thing. All the hard work of the volunteers is massively commendable.

But if someone really *insisted* that I come with one area to improve it would have to be the food vendors. County fair fast food fare is fine and even fun for a one day event. But four days of deep fried carbs and red meat is a dietary disaster. We should be nicer to ourselves.

Granted, falafel itself is deep fried (and therefore delicious) but at least it is vegetarian and your typical falafel stand usually has other stuff which is much healthier than pretty much anything I've seen at a rallies I've attended.

Thrilled for today!
    Quote Originally Posted by BAClark View Post

I was thinking that if BUD is already there that they could get a hold of the GF beer that they make. There are a few other brands also, but I've actually never tried any of them. I stick to my Grey Goose and a twist.

HODAG
    Holly
    how about cider?
    I've been told draught cider is rather tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by atoms View Post
    I loved the two rallies I've attended so far. I would not dream of complaining about a single thing. All the hard work of the volunteers is massively commendable.

But if someone really *insisted* that I come with one area to improve it would have to be the food vendors.

I agree.
    Many times food vendors have contracts with the the host facility. The group renting the facility can only use the vendors and products that the host facility have under contract.

Last year, after we had our Rally at West Bend, I attended the Washington County Fair. All I can say is "WOW" the Rally Chair did a real good job of picking the best food vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by MplsK100RT View Post
    ..what is the situation for those of us that may not be able to drink wheat/barley/rye beverages? I cannot eat/drink/inhale gluten and wondering if ...

As always, we will have wine cooler type of beverages like Mike's Hard Lemonade

I have already requested that the beer team look into having some gluten free beer available. I'm hoping it works out for us.Holly

total ?? case of gluten free beer (Budweiser has Redbridge)

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    hey santa... just so you know, i am partial to Budweiser, myself... ian
    Half a trucked loaded of Budweiser, ordered

Quote Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
    ...for me
    i hope fat tire

The other half of trucked loaded with Fat Tire, ordered

Beer Garden Website