Thread: $100 for battery

Angry $100 for battery

WTF! since when do you have to pay $100 for a new battery for a k1100rs!? Called four dealers here in the city,and $96.00 is the cheapest I got qouted for a battery,UNCHARGED! GOD DAMMIT I know it's been four years since my last battery: payed $65.00 last time . Sorry for the rant,but some body give me some comfort.
    Jayson Vilett
    1993 k1100RS (silk blue)
    BMWMOA
    Citibeemers,NYC
    "Cars don't SUCK,It's the people who don't know how to drive them that SUCK'

Is it the spring time thing? I need for this weekend'have a lot of riding to do.
    Jayson Vilett
    1993 k1100RS (silk blue)
    BMWMOA
    Citibeemers,NYC

Replacement Battery

Get a Panasonic. Half the price and a better battery. They make Westco batteries. JON

Mudbug
    Chicago BMW, http://www.chicagobmwmotorcycle.com, offers 20% discount on all parts.

bmwmick

Re: $100 for battery

Originally posted by LICK MY BRICK
    WTF! since when do you have to pay $100 for a new battery for a k1100rs!? Called four dealers here in the city,and $96.00 is the cheapest I got qouted for a battery,UNCHARGED! GOD DAMMIT I know it's been four years since my last battery: payed $65.00 last time . Sorry for the rant,but some body give me some comfort.
    Jayson,
    Go here Http://www.digikey.com and print out the order form for a Panasonic LC-X1220P SLA battery. Mail the order form with a check for about $46(last time I checked, this was the price) and they will deliver the battery FREE. It will also be CHARGED.

Mick

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea...S&Cat=30147394

USERNAME
    do the above and then spread the word around town about it as well. not everyone accesses this kick ass board.

I just bought my second battery from DigiKey and could not be happier.

The battery for my K100RT was $110.00 at the dealer and I paid $58.00 + shipping.

The guy I talked to at Digi Key was great and the battery showed up UPS 3 days later fully charged and ready to go.

Thumbs up

You guys are the best! thanks.Today I put out $91.00 for my new battery at my dealer,had to because I needed it right away for this holiday weekend.Best be sure I'll go the way you guys suggested above.Thanks to all again
    Jayson Vilett
    1993 k1100RS (silk blue)
    BMWMOA
    Citibeemers,NYC

Talking

OH, I will spread the word about our kick ASS forum!
    Jayson Vilett
    1993 k1100RS (silk blue)
    BMWMOA
    Citibeemers,NYC