Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Getting gear to the North Forty

  1. #1
    Cruisin' down the road Mar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,094

    Getting gear to the North Forty

    I think I read somewhere that cars are not allowed on the rally grounds at all. Good idea.

    But... I have to come by car this year with non-riding hubby in tow. Is there a parking lot near the North Forty or do we have to park near Rally Central and carry our gear to the North Forty? I don't see parking indicated there on the Cam-plex map.

    If there's not a parking lot near the North Forty, how high is the fence? Can gear be handed over the fence if we park temporarily along Fox Park Road for that purpose?

    Or maybe it's not really that far from the parking near the grandstand to the North Forty?

    I know... you're saying suck it up and carry the gear you weenie.
    Marilyn Roberts
    K75, R1150R, R100 Mystic
    St. Louis
    Built for comfort, not for speed.

  2. #2
    X-Mileage tabulator R1100rtp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    I think I read somewhere that cars are not allowed on the rally grounds at all. Good idea.

    But... I have to come by car this year with non-riding hubby in tow. Is there a parking lot near the North Forty or do we have to park near Rally Central and carry our gear to the North Forty? I don't see parking indicated there on the Cam-plex map.

    If there's not a parking lot near the North Forty, how high is the fence? Can gear be handed over the fence if we park temporarily along Fox Park Road for that purpose?

    Or maybe it's not really that far from the parking near the grandstand to the North Forty?

    I know... you're saying suck it up and carry the gear you weenie.
    The North Forty is a little hike from Rally Central. (there is also camping in Rally Central).

    When are you arriving???? There will be shuttles during prime rally time.
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

    Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

  3. #3
    Riding where it's hot! AZ-J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    2,586
    There is no parking for cars? How does one get there from their hotel, if staying at one after flying in?
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

  4. #4
    Happy to be here! :) The_Veg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta 'burbs
    Posts
    5,303
    Quote Originally Posted by k75karol View Post
    The North Forty is a little hike from Rally Central. (there is also camping in Rally Central).

    When are you arriving???? There will be shuttles during prime rally time.
    Worse come to worst, she could proably also get some friendly rally-goer to help. maybe someone who has already emptied their hardbags and wouldn't mind shuttling stuff. Especially if beer is promised.
    Bikeless for now...but not forever!

    "If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

  5. #5
    X-Mileage tabulator R1100rtp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
    There is no parking for cars? How does one get there from their hotel, if staying at one after flying in?
    I know someone answered on the other thread.....but there WILL be parking at the rallygrounds, just not IN rally Central. We want to avoid 2 wheels dodging 4 wheels.

    See you there!!
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

    Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

  6. #6
    beemerdon
    Guest
    Karol,

    I am in the same position as Marilyn, bringing a non-riding guest, portable shade, etc., so I have a suggestion. Maybe someone from Security could drive or ride with us to the site, wait while we throw everything out on the ground, and then ride with us back to a safe parking place in the lot. It would only take ten minutes and save a lot of grief.

    Don Sprinkle

  7. #7
    Polarbear Polarbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Clovis,CA
    Posts
    4,192

    RV's!

    Will the RV folks have auto access, in and out of the RV areas during the rally? If so, maybe the car camper folks can access the camping that way. I remember a few National Rallies where RV's had very nearby areas to all of us in tents and it worked pretty good. Why would a car camper not have this access? At least(maybe) they could get close enough to unload their gear, within reason and not become a hazard to bikes in rally central. Just a thought that may or may not have merit. Happy Trails, Randy"Polarbear"

  8. #8
    X-Mileage tabulator R1100rtp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Will the RV folks have auto access, in and out of the RV areas during the rally? If so, maybe the car camper folks can access the camping that way. I remember a few National Rallies where RV's had very nearby areas to all of us in tents and it worked pretty good. Why would a car camper not have this access? At least(maybe) they could get close enough to unload their gear, within reason and not become a hazard to bikes in rally central. Just a thought that may or may not have merit. Happy Trails, Randy"Polarbear"
    That's why we're all getting there early. There is a side entrance in the North Forty for the RV overflow. We may be able to work things out. That's why there's set-up....so please have patience as we work through it.

    14 days and counting.....
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

    Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

  9. #9
    X-Mileage tabulator R1100rtp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    I think I read somewhere that cars are not allowed on the rally grounds at all. Good idea.

    But... I have to come by car this year with non-riding hubby in tow. Is there a parking lot near the North Forty or do we have to park near Rally Central and carry our gear to the North Forty? I don't see parking indicated there on the Cam-plex map.

    If there's not a parking lot near the North Forty, how high is the fence? Can gear be handed over the fence if we park temporarily along Fox Park Road for that purpose?
    Once we get there..we may decide cars are o.k. in the North Forty (if you're camping), but not in rally central where there will be more bike movement. That might be easier than trying to schlep everybody's gear there

    Check at registration when you check-in...
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

    Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •