Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which boots?

COMBAT Lights by SIDI:):)

Tough is the word and perfection by design Don't need a watertight membrane in these boots, because they are built extremely well and NO water gets in! Easy on and off. I walk any distance, hiking, etcetc., I change shoes. I want the protection the boots offer and not many if any equal these, imo. I treat them with Mink products by Kiwi and Water Pruf by Kiwi, but not much needed. Randy,"Polarbear"

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Tough is the word and perfection by design Don't need a watertight membrane in these boots, because they are built extremely well and NO water gets in! Easy on and off. I walk any distance, hiking, etcetc., I change shoes. I want the protection the boots offer and not many if any equal these, imo. I treat them with Mink products by Kiwi and Water Pruf by Kiwi, but not much needed. Randy,"Polarbear"
    Right on Randy! I got my combat lites a month ago, and really like them!
    After much research, I settled on this boot, and am satisfied.

Aerostick combat touring boots

I have had the Aerostich Combat touring boots for 10 years. My feet have never gotten wet even in many all day rains. The boots are also good for walking and I don't find the need to take walking shoes on multi day rides. These are really good boots and well worth the money

Boots, like gloves, are a very personal thing. Any of the big motorcycle boot manufacturers will make superb motorcycle specific boots. TCX/Oxtar, Sidi, Alpinestars, Icon, Daytona, Joe Rocket, BMW, Aerostich, Vendramini, Tour Master, etc..., and etc..., all make fine touring boots, and all have their fans and critics. There are lots of threads on boots here, in the Equipment forum at www.advrider.com, and other motorcycle forums and sites. I'd suggest using the search function and scope out the available reviews.

Personally, I wear Oxtar (now TCX) Air Tech XCR's in the summer, and BMW Contours (now discontinued) in the winter. Both pair are touring boots, and I'm quite happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by artsnyder View Post
    You might want to try Cruiserworks (sp?) boots. I have a pair and they seem to fit your requirements. They are not gortex but are waterproof. Very comfortable.
    I wouldn't recommend Cruiserworks boots. About 10 years ago I bought a pair of their Men's Tour boots before I knew enough about motorcycle boots to know better. Yes, they're very comfortable. And yes, they're waterproof. But their protection around the ankle and shin is non-existant, and their retention is downright awful in all but their lace-up boots. IMHO, Cruiserworks boots, while well made and comfortable, are more a pretty poseur boot than a legitimate motorcycle boot. For the $230+ you'll spend on a pair of Cruiserworks boots you can get a superb boot from a number of manufacturers better made for motorcycling.

Just my $0.02.
    Last edited by mistercindy; 07-26-2008 at 03:21 PM.
    Grant
    '05 R1200GS
    Former owner of an '03 R1150R
    BMWMOA #113847

erickson9502

No M2R

I can not tell you the right boot to buy but do not buy M2R brand. Got these in April by the end of June they were shot. The soles were already getting smooth, the seams were coming out and were no longer water proof. I have quit wearing them and just went back to hiking boots sprayed with scotch guard because it works better. Total waste of money.