Thread: Painting BMW hard bags

Painting BMW hard bags

Sorry , but I couldn't find the thread about painting your hardshell bags. So I'll put my 2cents in. I have a 98 r1100gs and painted my bags yesterday. No they don't look brand new, but real close to new. the color matched perfect. I bought the paint at Menards.

Krylon fusion for plastic/ color Satin.

1. lightly sand scratches with a fine sand paper
    2. wipe cases down with paint thinner to get all the polish off
    3. tape over the reflector and logo ( I used some leftover green masking tape)
    4. this stuff drys in about 15 minutes. I gave 30 minutes between coats.
    5. one can was enough for 3 coats on both cases. Leave the cases closed and paint the complete case.

I was very happy with the results.

Hi, Thanks for the description and step-by-step. Have any photos to post?

Hi, Thanks for the description and step-by-step. Have any photos to post?

I just purchased a used Corbin from a member of this forum and it should be here tomorrow. I thought it was time to clean up the "big red" thus I painted the panners. I will take a picuture and post it than. Meantime here is a picture of my 1993 K75 that still has a place in my heart. What a sweet machine and for my money the greatest looking gas tank BMW ever made ( oooops I'll probably get beat up on that statement)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 116318 View Post
    I just purchased a used Corbin from a member of this forum and it should be here tomorrow. I thought it was time to clean up the "big red" thus I painted the panners. I will take a picuture and post it than. Meantime here is a picture of my 1993 K75 that still has a place in my heart. What a sweet machine and for my money the greatest looking gas tank BMW ever made ( oooops I'll probably get beat up on that statement)
    Why, with my microscope and magnifying glass I can just make out one hell of a beautiful machine!

Seriously, that looks like a great machine and I agree with you about the tank (and no you won't get beat up)

A buddy of mine repainted his RS, and painted the luggage lids to match. It looks great in person:
    Christopher Ross, Lubbock, Texas

2012 R1200GSA
    1974 R90S

I just purchased a used Corbin from a member of this forum and it should be here tomo

My new used Corbin arrived so here are the pictures of my paint job and Corbin. If you have a show bike forget it, have a pro do it. It was just starting to rain when I took these pictures about 30 minutes ago.

Max/Michigan

I just purchased a used Corbin from a member of this forum and it should be here tomo

Here's the other side

pictures

Christopher Ross
    Texas
    IBA, MOA, RA
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/therealross/

Hello Chris, your the man ! I stayed up into the wee hours in the morning looking at your pictures. You do it all, I am so impressed. thank you for sharing and others who are reading this, don't miss looking at his photos.

thanks
    Max

Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft FredRydr's Avatar
    Here's the thread with photos: http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25238

Fred