Thread: Zumo 550 Weather ???

Registered User westhautianplen's Avatar

Zumo 550 Weather ???

I currently am using the XM radio on my Zumo, but am wondering about how useful the weather feature of the Zumo 550 is. I would appreciate any guidance.
    Plen Smith
    07 R1200RT

scqtt
    I looked at the XM weather programing on their website. I think it is $100 a month!.

I could never justify it for regular use, but If I wear going on a long multi week trip I would consider it.

Try checking out zumoforums.com. I believe that you will be able to find out more about the Zumo there. BTW basic traffic and weather for the Zumo is only $3.99 per month.
    2004 R1150RT 145,700 miles
    1991 K100LT 126,700 miles
    1982 R100RT 106,900 miles
    Total 379,300 BMW miles

SNC1923
    I bought the weather/traffic optionÔÇörather subscribed to it. It's a few bucks a month.

I don't live in a populated area where the traffic reports apply, but I think the weather is worth is.

It will tell you the local detailed forecast.

It will give you a U.S. weather map and you can see the forecast anywhere you're headed.

Once, coming out of Kansas, a flash-flood warning popped up on the screen! Fortunately it was behind us, but I was pretty impressed at that info.

Another pop-up is a traffic delay, letting you know to expect an upcoming incident and how many minutes delay to anticipate.

Pretty cool. Why don't you try it? You can cancel anytime.

scqtt
    I think the traffic programing has a little weather info to it. I still think the true XM weather package, you know, like doppler radar maps and such, is fairly expensive. I think that programing is mostly made for pilots, but there is a ground and marine version as well. If I drove (like a truck driver) for a living I think it would be a very useful tool.

XM WX weather programing PDF

http://www.xmradio.com/pdf/existing/...iption_pkg.pdf

Zumo Traffic Weather

I was hoping someone had had some experience with the traffic -- weather. I actually thought is it was more expensive than the 3.99 per month after my conversation with the XM representative when I added the Zumo to my plan, but she was hard to understand.

Thanks for the input. Looks like I am going to subscribe.

My wife and I are Heading out West in a couple of weeks and I thought it might be of some help.

Thanks again for the help!
    Plen Smith
    07 R1200RT

Photo Link

Thanks for the photo link. I enjoyed the shots.

Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post
    I bought the weather/traffic optionÔÇörather subscribed to it. It's a few bucks a month.

I don't live in a populated area where the traffic reports apply, but I think the weather is worth is.

It will tell you the local detailed forecast.

It will give you a U.S. weather map and you can see the forecast anywhere you're headed.

Once, coming out of Kansas, a flash-flood warning popped up on the screen! Fortunately it was behind us, but I was pretty impressed at that info.

Another pop-up is a traffic delay, letting you know to expect an upcoming incident and how many minutes delay to anticipate.

Pretty cool. Why don't you try it? You can cancel anytime.
    Plen Smith
    07 R1200RT

$3.99 per month is only for traffic and basic weather. To find out more goto http://www.xmradio.com/navtraffic/index.xmc

It is my understanding that basic weather gets you weather forcasts and weather alerts.
    2004 R1150RT 145,700 miles
    1991 K100LT 126,700 miles
    1982 R100RT 106,900 miles
    Total 379,300 BMW miles

Thanks, kioolt
    I think Traffic and basic weather is all the Zumo 550 supports at this time.
    I called XM to get it set up; however they are calling me back. The call taker said they were having technical difficulties. That phase reminded me of the TV stations in my youth.

Thanks for the Help!

Quote Originally Posted by kioolt View Post
    $3.99 per month is only for traffic and basic weather. To find out more goto http://www.xmradio.com/navtraffic/index.xmc

It is my understanding that basic weather gets you weather forcasts and weather alerts.
    Plen Smith
    07 R1200RT

I considered getting the weather; however with the associated costs I just continue to use my blackberry for weather. As long as I have cell coverage I can get any weather info I want from the internet.