Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 25 Years Of The K-Bike at Gillette!

Quote Originally Posted by ima4nr View Post
    It all depends on how you look at it...If you live in Seattle, I guess Las Vegas is in the southeast...
    Good point!
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by GregFeeler View Post
    I don't know if we figured out where they were sold new, but the local (Boise, ID) friend I bought mine from got it from a guy in California. Don't remember if he was the original owner or not. It should be possible to check through my local dealer by VIN and to see which dealers got them.
    That might be me. I sold my blue '92 K75S to a man in ID. Would have been in '99 or so. But I bought it used (barely used) in San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTena View Post
    That might be me. I sold my blue '92 K75S to a man in ID. Would have been in '99 or so. But I bought it used (barely used) in San Francisco.
    That year would check, as I got it in 2002 and he'd had it about three years. I bought it from Matt Dykas. He was early 20's at the time, and I believe he said the seller put the bike in a pickup (or trailer) and met him part way. Sound familiar?
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

That year would check, as I got it in 2002 and he'd had it about three years. I bought it from Matt Dykas. He was early 20's at the time, and I believe he said the seller put the bike in a pickup (or trailer) and met him part way. Sound familiar?
    That's it! I was scheduled to drive my pickup from California to Colorado on a nonmotorcycle-related trip. I had sent him a bunch of photos (predigital), and he bought the bike sight unseen. We met somewhere in Utah, put our trucks butt-to-butt and rolled the bike from mine to his. I'd guess it was March, 1999.

I think Matt wrote an article for ON about a trip through Idaho on that bike. I could be mistaken, though.

I bought the bike from a man in San Francisco who was planning an odyssey with friends. The trip fell through, and I bought the bike with 14,000 mi. I think. It looked brand new, and is one of the few motorcycles I regret selling.

See you in Gillette, I guess!
    John and Tena Gallagher
    '06 R1200RT
    '75 R90S
    '66 R69S

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTena View Post
    That's it! I was scheduled to drive my pickup from California to Colorado on a nonmotorcycle-related trip. I had sent him a bunch of photos (predigital), and he bought the bike sight unseen. We met somewhere in Utah, put our trucks butt-to-butt and rolled the bike from mine to his. I'd guess it was March, 1999.

I think Matt wrote an article for ON about a trip through Idaho on that bike. I could be mistaken, though.

I bought the bike from a man in San Francisco who was planning an odyssey with friends. The trip fell through, and I bought the bike with 14,000 mi. I think. It looked brand new, and is one of the few motorcycles I regret selling.

See you in Gillette, I guess!
    Well, isn't this forum just amazing? Now I have this bike's history back to perhaps the original owner. Sweet.

I got it from Matt in 2002 with about 42k on it - now it has 54K. He rode it a fair amount, but also had a heavy shifting foot, so I had to deal with a bent shift fork. It also ate the clutch splines while he had it and got a new tranny input shaft and clutch. I've kept doing little upgrades and cosmetic clean up, so now it has a YSS shock, radial tires, HH brake pads, and some minor fork tuning. Handles like a dream and looks very sharp. I get people all the time asking me if it's for sale. NOT!

I'll PM you with my contact info, but likely I'll have it in Gillette and we can have a beer while you exercise "visitation rights".
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

I'll PM you with my contact info, but likely I'll have it in Gillette and we can have a beer while you exercise "visitation rights".

I'm there!
    John and Tena Gallagher
    '06 R1200RT
    '75 R90S
    '66 R69S