Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Patches Insignia etc

Hybrid View

what would Joan Jett Do? 110066's Avatar

Patches Insignia etc

Where can I get a simple BMW logo patch for my coveralls?

I seem to recall seeing them at the dealer.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

How about some BMWMOA Forum stickers? Sort of like ones that IBMWR has for their little slice of the virtual kingdom? KBasa?

Mr. Nye and I are having a discussion about that these days.

We're thinking name tags for rallies too, with a Forum graphic on it. You'd be able to spot the other nut cases in a NY minute and decide whether to introduce your self or run the other way.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Thumbs up

You've got my vote concerning Forum nametags for rally use. I think it is a great idea that will catch on real fast. I'll look for mine at Spokane!

Let's do it KBasa

"of course I am still going to Spokane, even if the gas is $3 a gallon! I'll just put it on the credit card and deal with it later!"
    Onward, through the fog!

Kool Aid Dispenser! jimvonbaden's Avatar

Re: Patches Insignia etc

Originally posted by brian thompson
    Where can I get a simple BMW logo patch for my coveralls?
    There are literally hundreds of types, sizes and varieties on E-bay. I have an 8" Roundel on the back of my JR mesh jacket! Stands out rather garishly if you ask me, but everyone knows what I drive and it glows at night!

I've actually gotten several compliments for the teen crowd. They apparently don't know it's a special riding jacket, but like the look.

Jim

We use name tags at our local gatherings. It helps us know who everyone is.

Originally posted by Rev.Willie
    You've got my vote concerning Forum nametags for rally use. I think it is a great idea that will catch on real fast. I'll look for mine at Spokane!

Let's do it KBasa

"of course I am still going to Spokane, even if the gas is $3 a gallon! I'll just put it on the credit card and deal with it later!"
    It's underway. The ever productive Mr. Nye is all over it. We'll have contact information for the folks that will produce them and you can either have it mailed or pick it up at the rally.

But ultimately, there'll be a template with a specific vendor and you can handle the rest.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Brian,

Try ebay. Just search for BMW Motorcycle patches.

D. J.

USERNAME
    crap, now all the auctions are gonna go up.

HODAG
    I put an ad in the BMW ON when I wanted/needed a patch. Got a ton of calls with all sorts available. It'll take a few months from the time you post it. E-Pay is a good choice also, but be careful of the $10 shipping fees for a $5 patch.
    Last edited by Mark11LT; 08-16-2004 at 06:10 PM.

Here and there I have seen BMW patches being sold by small vendors at the HD rally's that they hold here. I believe that they are mostly old as I understand that BMW has been enforcing their copyright to the logo for several years now.

Andy

dlearl476
    Couple o' suggestions:
    Barry'sBikeBadges
    and your local embroidery shop. With the advent of Cad/Cam for sewing machines, all you need is a jpeg on a floppy and the local shop can embroider anything you want on anything you want. I'm working on some large Vincent HRG patches for a old Vanson I own.

Question Patch or sticker

I have collection of patchers from last 16 years riding BMW from many rallies and all stick to cork board in my garage.Almost nobody can see them
    BMWMOA make Club stickers 38mm=1.5inch in diameter ,I have one on my bikes, but at MOA National rally we only receiving patch of astronomical size .They are useless for me.
    I would like to ask to take for consideration for next year rally to also make small stickers ,so we can stick to screen and use as a pass to entry to rally and also
    To show others where I have been.
    Chris
    MOA#56216
    IBA#11157, 48States Plus
    2001 R1150RT-84Kkm
    2000 K1200LT 48Kkm
    Deep in my heart Eagle's fly...

Yep. I've long wished for headlight stickers for the bikes. My wristband is always buried under a bunch of riding gear. Passengers could show their wristband, but headlight stickers would make life eminently easier.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

I was thinking that it would be fun to get one of the dealer mechanic outfits that I saw being worn at BMW of Daytona two years ago. It was a kind of gray apron sort of thing with a logo if I recall correctly.

Kind of like my wearing a chef's cap & apron while grilling in the backyard.

Someday I may grow up, but time is running out!