Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gillette weather

Polar Bear forgot to mention the wind which can be almost constant in Wyoming. I live in Colorado and regularly ride around Aspen, Vail and Steamboat as well as into Wyoming. Temperature variations can be dramatic. I have a BMW phase change jacket which is great for those temperature changes. I highly recommend them. Those of you from the East may also not realize that no matter how warm our days may be, it always cools off in the evening and you will want a jacket after the sun goes down. Even on days when the temperature reaches into the 90s you can expect it to cool off to the low 60s or even into the mid 50s. Moot

Deposed Former Dictator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiordmann View Post
    IRONIC THAT GILETTE IS PICKED FOR THE RALLY WHICH WILL BE HOT - BUT MANY COMPLAIN THAT A RALLY IN THE SOUTHEAST WOULD BE TOO WARM. AND THE NEW REGIONS OUTLINED IN JULY BWMON INCLUDES FLORIDA WITH NEW ENGLAND. I GUESS IT WILL BE A COLD DAY IN ____ BEFORE A NATIONAL IS HELD IN FLA.
    It's a dry heat.
    Jud
    "I like to watch." --Chauncey Gardner

It can get hot, the 90's, and sometimes in the 100's.
    Lache pas la patate
    -
    Robert Odendahl

Went through Gillette in Mid July a couple of summers ago. 114 and a steady 40mph south wind all across the planes along I-90 from Wyoming to Minnesota. We had highs of 100 in Yellowstone, but it would cool down into the 40's at night. We went through Glacier National Park that same trip and it hit 100 there, and we were over 8000 feet in elevation and about 30 miles from the Canadian border. The ranger told me it was highly unusual to be that warm in Glacier.
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception."
    James Thurber

Drove home once from Glacier National park, second week in June.

On I-90, going through a pass. It was snowing (yes, actually a blizzard, in June) so hard, I didn't think I'd make it through the pass.

Weather variations happen.

I strongly suspect the weather will be cooler in Gillette over the 2009 MOA Rally location.

I just finished a Sherpa trip in Kingsport, TN (a week ago). It was quite hot and humid and generally miserable.

Then again, who'd figure the weather in July tends to be hot?
    Camping guy

Fiordmann

Flordia Rally 1985

Ok So There Was A Rally At Lake Wales In 1985. How Many Rallies Have Been Held In Wisconsin During The Same Period Of Time? Coincidence Or Sos?