Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo Tour of Dual Sport Events & MC Rallies

Arrow 2008 Road America Bike Week

Above: Miss Rockstar Energy Drink autographing a poster.

Below: 944.com, never heard of that magazine before seeing the promo on the side of this truck. I bet this truck turns heads as it goes down the road,

My little point and shot camera is not much for race track photography, but was fine in the infield and pits. The Racing was great.

Smile More Truck Art

More Truck Art

Thumbs up The Track

Thumbs up Road America 2008

Road America is set up with the race fan viewing in mind. Watch one race on turn 5, then next race on turn 8 or 9. This track is set up for race fan dual sport riding, complete with many hills.

Smile Road America Super Bike Racing

Above: The Red Bull KTM Rookie Cup Challenge tent

Below: Team KWS Suzuki area

That is it for the AMA Superbike races. A few weeks later the ASRA Pro Series Races came to Road America. The ASRA Pro Series races have almost as many racers as spectators

Arrow ASRA Pro Series Round 5 of 8 Road America July 6, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by grasslander View Post
    !!!!!N8! wins the ASRA Thunder National! He has extended his points lead and did it at the Buell 25th homecoming at Road America. A real battle with a draft pass on the up hill to the finish.

If my memory serves me (I was pretty busy all weekend):

Nate's fastest lap that John timed was during Saturday practice. It was like 1:27.2 on the "A" bike with no weight added and a FULL fuel tank.

Race 1
    CCS Expert Thunderbike 2nd (impressively came from 3rd to 2nd and pushed 1st to the end)
    Race 2
    CCS Supertwins 2nd (was hot on Estok but Dave used a rider to hold off Nate)
    CCS Thunderbike 1st (was at least the full front straight a head of the field by the 3rd lap and "coasted" the last 2 laps at around 2:29 and finished with a substantial lead) This race of course was finished with a wall strafe and boot wave.

ASRA Pro
    1st (it was so neat to see that white #12 with Nate along side flanked by the Buells)
    This win was critical for the championship effort. Nate rode his butt off. He is in a very nice place right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by grasslander View Post

Stopping in the pits and chatting with BMW racing privateer Nate Kerr and grasslander was the highlight of my weekend

ASRA Pro Series
    Round 5 of 8
    Road America
    July 6, 2008

NATE KERN, MARIETTA, GA.
    BMWXplor.com,
    BMW of Atlanta,
    Suomy, Pirell

Thumbs up N8 Kern @ Road America

N8 Kern @ Road America

Last edited by BeerTeam; 07-12-2008 at 01:22 PM.

Smile Road America's Snap-on Bridge

Thumbs up Road America

These four photos are taken with a 5 mega-pixel 4x optical zoom (very cheap) Canon A610 and these photo were cropped to bring the subject in closer. A very popular spot with the fans and the best place and time on the Road America track to get a close-up of a racer is just after the Toyota Bridge and with the morning sun at your back. These photos were taken in the afternoon, hence the shadowed bike. Hit F11 on your keyboard for full view.

Nice Pics

Santa,
    As always you have such great photos.
    The ones from Mountain are really familiar as Barr has done hunting from the trail and trussel . The girls and myself have spent time walking down them. Barr's Family has land just west of that trail, so we've been to the booming city of Mountain.
    "Wether you're a good witch or a bad witch, it's all about the shoes"

RIP "Zoot" Oct. 14th, 2007
    "Angus" 2009

ian408
    That looks like a fantastic time. Especially on a KTM

"Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar
    That reminds me of that Coen Brothers Movie: Millers Crossing... Looks like the road in the movie...
    Anyway, Neat shot. Great images over-all!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Stupidity, if left untreated, is self-correcting."

Quote Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
    That looks like a fantastic time. Especially on a KTM
    Thanks for the nice comments and looking at my ride report.

I was on the BMW R100GS and I kinda stayed with Randy's KTM 950 on single and two track. The KTM was the first through the woods followed by the DR 650 then my R100GS.The KTM was equipped with a GPS that reads tracks as my 2610 Street Pilot was useless in the middle of the forest. The KTM had to navigate and avoid tree limbs, not only hanging but on the ground. All I had to do is follow, so I did have a much easier ride. All three bikes were in the power range in first gear, as second dropped the power range down or the speed to high. My GPS indicated 22 MPH and tachometer at 4000 RPM. I have a Race Tech cartridge emulator damping system on the front fork and Fox Twin Clicker shock for the rear suspension. I was standing on the Fastways Pegs the whole ride. My legs were very sore the next day. I do need higher handle bars. The Beemer was barking like a dog as the fender and the large knobby tire came in contact as I hit the rough terrain. Luclily, the tire/fender contact did no damage.

One young fella on a KTM 450 EXC past me, and the DR 650 with the front wheel in the air, he then dropped the front end down as he passed the KTM 950.

The ride was a fantastic time, especially on a vintage BMW and not hurting myself.

Thumbs up More Road America 2008

Colorful privateers