Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Spot On

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    StatDawg used his in mountains, plains and valleys. He and RedRider camped out in the cold of mountains and in three digit temperatures. The device worked.

I am surprised by the hefty discount being offered. erhaps there is a new version in the works and old stock on shelves is being cleared out.

Tracking test

I have done some testing with my SPOT.
    Last month we went from Reno, NV to Carmel by the sea, CA and I had the SPOT in the front pocket of my Santiago jacket. It was on tracking and the website tracking showed tracking messages 1 through 10 then the "OK" message which was #13. Along the route messages 11 & 12 were missing.

Going home I put Spot in my RKA tank-bag in the clear map section and when I got home the website had all of the tracking messages.

Yesterday we went from Reno,NV to Citrus Heights (A&S BMW) and I put SPOT at the bottom of my empty tank-bag and all of the tracking messages came through.

Going home I put SPOT in my GIVI back box and all the tracking messages came through.

I was surprised that it worked through the tank-bag and more surprised that it worked in the GIVI box.