Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Last Ride- Eastern Europe

  1. #31
    NJN EAR njnear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    187
    Excellent
    '09 K 1300 GT

  2. #32
    Alps Adventurer GlobalRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Canada and the Alps
    Posts
    3,626
    Thanks for the PM and pointing this thread out to me.

    As I mentioned in my PM, you know you've been there waaayyy toooo often if you can recognize the roads in these tour reports.

  3. #33
    Has the GS-Lust The_Veg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta 'burbs
    Posts
    5,331
    I must've missed this thread when it was current...WOW GORGEOUS STUFF! So the picture from, was it Slovenia? The one where you were really surprised at the colour of the lake...what lake was that, or what town was there?
    2012 R1200GS

    "If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

  4. #34
    Alps Adventurer GlobalRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Canada and the Alps
    Posts
    3,626
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Veg View Post
    I must've missed this thread when it was current...WOW GORGEOUS STUFF! So the picture from, was it Slovenia? The one where you were really surprised at the colour of the lake...what lake was that, or what town was there?
    Thats just a few kilometers southeast of Tolmin...right at the town Most na Soci where the 603 and the 102 meet.

    Here is a near identical view of it...June 24, 2008 - Most na Soči, Slovenia...



    And if you get on Google...GPS: N46?? 09.209' E013?? 44.607'
    Last edited by GlobalRider; 03-09-2009 at 05:04 PM.

  5. #35
    franze
    Guest
    thanks for the nice reply, Veg. Alex and I have overlapped at more than one scenic vista

    I'm pretty sure my picture is the Soca River, which is right in that same area which is known as the Julian alps. Here's a nice link for you to kill some time at work......... make sure you check out the camping near Kobarid e-postcard

    http://www.slovenia.info/?photoalbum=6

  6. #36
    Alps Adventurer GlobalRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Canada and the Alps
    Posts
    3,626
    Quote Originally Posted by franze View Post
    I'm pretty sure my picture is the Soca River, which is right in that same area which is known as the Julian alps.
    Its the one along the road when coming down the Vrsic Pass from the north.

    Same colour and very distracting as you ride along it. Where it is faster flowing, its a lighter aqua with some white caps.

  7. #37
    Registered User jshuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Westport, CT
    Posts
    275

    Parallel lives

    My wife worked for a big company for 30 years, so I was always following her around. Taking care of our daughter, packing, unpacking etc. Trailing spouse...I hated that. Went to China for 4 years so I had to buy a sidehack rig so my daughter and I could ride in the mountains. A few years ago she introduced me to a workmate who also had a BMW. He invited me to do (2) 10 day trips in the Alps in many of the areas you rode. It's been 6 years since then..too long. Here's me on my rental GS. I call it the Julie Andrews shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Shuck BMWMOA Ironbutt #31
    Co-Founder Dir. of Operations Fairfield County Concours
    Sept at the Fairfield County Hunt Club, Westport, CT
    02 GS, R90S's, R51/3

  8. #38
    franze
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jshuck View Post
    My wife worked for a big company for 30 years, so I was always following her around. Taking care of our daughter, packing, unpacking etc. Trailing spouse...I hated that. Went to China for 4 years so I had to buy a sidehack rig so my daughter and I could ride in the mountains. A few years ago she introduced me to a workmate who also had a BMW. He invited me to do (2) 10 day trips in the Alps in many of the areas you rode. It's been 6 years since then..too long. Here's me on my rental GS. I call it the Julie Andrews shot.
    Hey thanks, now I have someone who really knows how I feel . My kids are 14,13, and 7. I"ve been at about 95% unpacked for 5 months. And I thought unpacking boxes labeled in French was bad........Chinese ????Just got word that they want the trampoline set back up. But more important, I'm getting new rubber on the GS tomorrow and am desperately pulling in favors for Sport Taxi and Music lesson Chauffeur so I can get away for a few days. By the way, that's a great shot!

  9. #39
    Has the GS-Lust The_Veg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta 'burbs
    Posts
    5,331
    Thanks!
    2012 R1200GS

    "If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •