Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 'MOA "GS" Trials Event;

Mud Tires

Ok - I finally got the pic to load. Its a 2007 F650GS which I have obviously taken off road with no regard for the bike. Please look at my tires and comment if I should just put Continetal knobbies on it and ride to Wyo. I have no ego. I lost it in the mud.

Fritz
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tires???For GS'ing:)

Well, I ride a lot of offroad and its mostly hardpack High Sierra'a or Colorado High Country to 14000'+,where you find mostly rock and a lot of rivers. Some mud, but not that much. I ride the Dual Sport(no knobs) tires almost exclusively and go nearly everywhere! Sure the knobs are an advantage, but to what end? They get eaten up too quickly and I've found my Tourances and Battle Wings are quite good and last a ton longer. Air management goes a long way to making traction, for all the tires you use, even the Tourances and others do well on dirt with much less air in them. So, your choices to make! Its only money and I will compete with my standard issue tires, no knobs. You may need the advantage of knobs, so go figure your skills carefully. The Red F650 looks good in dirt makeup. Somehow, these BMW dirt bikes always have more character with dirt/mud all over them. An extremely clean GS seems out of place,imo....Its all good to me, however. I like 'em all. Happy Trails and see ya'll in Wyoming. Remember, Thursday,Friday and Saturday are play days for those wishing to ride the m/x track and practice their skills. Saturday is the Big Event(competition) to show just how good you can be. 'MOA Trials course on Saturday morning 9AM, will be exciting to watch and/or ride in. If it rains, Knobs will be the ticket and I will have my best skills challenged in mud, with my standard issues. Randy, "Polarbear".

OH! "Awards" too for;

The best riders of 1st,2nd and 3rd places(ON BMW's ONLY) on Saturday will be awarded a special prize for their skills. I even have a 4th, for the best efforts of an individual of our chosing that has tried so hard to learn this "Dirt Riding" adventure on a BMW. Its all in fun, so lets see GS's everywhere, in large numbers. I THINK, even the BMWMOA is giving away a new R1200GS, as one of the Grand Prizes on Saturday evening at the closing ceremonies, this year. How fitting! Wyoming is GS Country and if you have the spirit to see Wyomings back country, this is the bike. Be well, all. Randy"Polarbear"

csyle

"GS trials"

First post from a Green Horn, I'll be in Gillete and I'm riding my 2007GS Adventure on the Stock Michelens, my 600 pound trials bike DEFINETLY NO Gas Gas!!. I am looking forward to being taught how to ride Das Panzer Bike in the dirt SLOOWLY!CYA All in Gillette!!

Quote Originally Posted by csyle View Post
    First post from a Green Horn, I'll be in Gillete and I'm riding my 2007GS Adventure on the Stock Michelens, my 600 pound trials bike DEFINETLY NO Gas Gas!!. I am looking forward to being taught how to ride Das Panzer Bike in the dirt SLOOWLY!CYA All in Gillette!!
    We like Green Horns.......they're almost as good as rally Vi*$in*
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

ME Too:)

2007 GSAdventure, a white one with red accents. My Polarbear image has to be kept in tact, therefore the white Adventure. I use Bridgestone "Battle Wings". How fittng a name for tires on a monster bike! Panzer? I like that. I remember my history and the Panzers, not liking them for what they did of course, but the name sounds cool. What does the word "Panzer" mean? I wonder! See ya there. Happy Trails, Randy"Polarbear"

Thumbs up

Unless it rains and gets real muddy almost any tire will work, it will be the skill of the rider to maintain balance through the softer dirt and changing terrain, I will be there and lend a hand and some advice. Just look hard for the Camo GSA it might blend in.

Cammo GSA!

Sounds like the unusual GS/GSA's will be there, with their special paint, etcetc..Great. Thanks for the helping hand, as it will be needed "from some good dirt riders". I am hoping to see many rookies have at this too, so the experienced dirt guys/gals will be really welcome to assist me and others. We will get to play too, as experienced offroaders, but its a bring all BMWGS's event, newbies and the best out there. We'll have a hoot of a time, I'm sure. Randy"Polarbear"

Count us in

I will be riding my ADV out with my 10 year old son. Count us in to help on Thursday. My son will love taking pictures of us trying to pick up the behemoths from their sides. I would love to participate, but my son can't put his feet on the ground yet to be able to drive me home should I hurt myself showing off. This will be his first trip with me longer than a couple hundred miles. We will be coming in Wednesday from Ohio and we are fired up and ready for the ride. See you there.
    02 Adventure - Sold
    08 Adventure - Sold
    71 KAW KE100 Dirttracker
    2003 Sherco 2.9

Way to go:),Kids:)

I rode my 12 year old daughter for years and years behind me on GS's, all over N.America. Times we won't "EVER" forget and she is 25 today, riding her own F650 Beemer and Flying Jets for the USNavy. We did dirt adventures two up, when she was just a young girl. Yep, we fell off too, but thank goodness we never got hurt and I was a stickler for wearing our proper gear and it paid off! Today at 55, I still play pretty hard and ride a GSAdventure, which I find huge, but still managable for offroading. Its probably my last BIG GS, so to speak, as I want to migrate to smaller GS's as i get older. "Happy Trails" to you and your Son and times like in my past, he and you will never forget. The GSA should provide a great platform for all the fun the two of you can find. We rode a '95 GS1100 back then. Randy"Polarbear". GS'up, Gillette, for here we come soon

Great:)

I'm on the road later today(Friday), for Gillette. See ya'll there, as I will be off line, with no computer connection for days/2weeks now! Anybody want to find me can call my cell at 559-288-2555 and I will check it daily, as I pitt stop along my route. Happy Trails to all, Randy, "Polarbear"