Thread: Earphones

Earphones

Enjoy listening to tunes on the MP3 while riding my RT in the wide open spaces. Would like to know what others use that are comfortable and sound good without being played too loud. (yes I know this may be illegal etc in some areas). I wear a full face and most of the time wear ear plugs but tunes every now and again are a nice change.

Troglodyte
    Quote Originally Posted by airoilheadbeemerguy View Post
    Enjoy listening to tunes on the MP3 while riding my RT in the wide open spaces. Would like to know what others use that are comfortable and sound good without being played too loud. (yes I know this may be illegal etc in some areas). I wear a full face and most of the time wear ear plugs but tunes every now and again are a nice change.
    Nano and Shure E2B (check out Etymotic line of in ear earphones too). Not that I would ever ride with these in my ears -grin, but they minimize road noise and music sounds very good at low levels so you can remain aware of your surroundings. Good for sitting on airplanes too. Recommend a middle priced model and the ridged ear pieces for good sound and stability in ear. Clean them daily if used daily.

Two Bricks Shy of a Load RocksforBrains's Avatar

Shure e3G

I use Shure e3G. They were about $90. They have excellent sound and noise isolation from wind etc.. As the previous poster mentioned, Etymotics have received great reviews from folks on this forum as well. One tip. I had a hard time keeping them seated in my ears correctly while putting on my full face helmet. I started using a ploypropelyne helmet liner that covers the ears as well (inset earphones, put on thin polypropelyne liner, then helmet). Now the helmet slides right over my ears (that are covered by the liner) without unseating the earphones.

Kurt

I had a custom earmold headset made several years ago. They're great. The earmold portion cuts out the noise, so I can hear my MP3 player on 2-3 (volume wise).

If you go to a rally, there's often someone doing earmolds. That's where I had mine done.

http://earinc.com/p2-headsets-custom.php
    Jeff in W.C.
    1988 R100 RT (the other woman)
    "I got my motorcycle jacket but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer

Etymotic ER6i.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Quote Originally Posted by The_Veg View Post
    Etymotic ER6i.
    +1

I've had a pair for a year now and they are the ticket for me. Great sound isolation from wind buffeting and they deliver very good sound. My only concern with them is the very thin (fragile?) wire from jack to each plug.
    98 R1200C Canyon Red

darcym
    I just got one of these (haven't tried it out yet) ...

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DCC-FMT3-...1580784&sr=1-2

looks like it will wrk ggod w/Atroo's radio

RK Ryder
    I use a pair of Shure E3s with the Etymotic ER6i soft foam inserts. Wind noise is effectively blocked, ears are comfortable and the music quality is good. My Etymotic ER6i which I misplaced, were not a comfortable fit for my ears and helmet.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

Earplugs

Big Ear makes a great product; moulded (many BMW dealers have someone trained to do the moulds)l and the product is excellent in sound quality and comfort. Check them out.
    On Ice

Muneio

Earphones

I use the S-plugs $130. got them from cycle gadgets they sound great and are very comfortable!

I have the same. They work great. Sears or any Hearing aide place can do the molds which you send off.

Quote Originally Posted by 88bmwJeff View Post
    I had a custom earmold headset made several years ago. They're great. The earmold portion cuts out the noise, so I can hear my MP3 player on 2-3 (volume wise).

If you go to a rally, there's often someone doing earmolds. That's where I had mine done.

http://earinc.com/p2-headsets-custom.php

jcridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Muneio View Post
    I use the S-plugs $130. got them from cycle gadgets they sound great and are very comfortable!
    What do you think of the quaility, cables, speakers, plugend, etc... Will they hold up to everyday commuting under a full face? Can you compare the sound quality to say a good pair of standard MP3 earphones or is is better?
    I've been looking at these for awhile now and once I get a new MP3 player I will be buying earphones?