Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My morning commute was a bummer

Remember this post

Some of you read this post of mine some months ago and I had said the wind blew me over as I took the bike off the center stand.
    Well I was off yesterday for the holiday week and they closed White Sands Missile Range early (noon) due to 50 MPH sustained wind and 97 MPH gusts at the very spot in my picture and avatar.
    A good day not to be riding!!!!

Mike
    Mike & Robin Fifer http://www.n-scale-model-trains.com/ 2002 R1150RT Current
    1995 K75S Sold
    1996 R1100RT sold

Rally Rat
    I trust you got that mirror fixed? I got my K1200S some custom graphics, only to drop it a week later in crushed stone Now I need to remove them, have some paint work done and get new graphics.........Oh well, it's just a bike, right?????

Speaking of bike, time for a Christmas day ride!

Quote Originally Posted by john1691 View Post
    I trust you got that mirror fixed? I got my K1200S some custom graphics, only to drop it a week later in crushed stone Now I need to remove them, have some paint work done and get new graphics.........Oh well, it's just a bike, right?????

Speaking of bike, time for a Christmas day ride!
    Bummer John , I tried to buy one but they are no longer made color matched. I repaired it and replaced the mirrior glass and painted the housing myself.
    You either shine them or ride them.
    Have a safe Christmas ride.

Mike
    Mike & Robin Fifer http://www.n-scale-model-trains.com/ 2002 R1150RT Current
    1995 K75S Sold
    1996 R1100RT sold

I was riding in El Paso from Geronimo to the Westside and got hit by a sustained gust that took me on a slow merge into the next lane on I10, though I was fighting it. Fortunately, I had a good position and traffic was light. I got off as quick as I could a took Paisano, which follows the Rio Grande in the valley. Much less wind there.