Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Post photos of your vintage (pre-1970) BMW motorcycle

'63 r60/2

The Latest addition - 1921 Victoria KR-1 powered by the M2 b 15 BMW engine

Victoria (email) 05.jpg

This is my latest project, a 1921 Victoria, powered by a BMW M2 B 15 engine, as later used in the BMW R32 of 1923. Yes, before BMW made a motorcycle, they sold engines to other manufacturers of motorcycles. Victoria started out as a bicycle manufacturer in 1882. Victoria's first bike was the KR-1.
    Notable features include BELT drive, to the rear wheel, the rear brake is a V block of wood, that presses into the V belt pully on the rear wheel. The machine has a 2 speed gearbox. The weird looking knob on the top of the gas tank is the shift lever. The clutch is operated by your foot, on the bikes left side. The rear brake by your right foot. The second brake was a hand operated band brake, on the back of gearbox pulley. This means that (probably) the brakes are even worse than the ones on my R32! We will find out one day. The bike has no generator, only a magneto. Lighting was a acetylene powered headlamp. That's right, you opened the front lens door, and lit a match, and lit the headlight, literally!

When it comes to old BMW's and their ancestors, you can't get any older than this. One of these years, when it is running, I'll bring it to a national rally.

Before then, if you happen to be riding through Mississippi, come by and have a look!

Vech
    MOA Ambassador # 9462
    Bench Mark Works
    Sturgis MS

WOW, your a lucky man. i personally would be honered to restore such a time piece. sparing no expence of course.
    The pursuit of reality at all cost.

Here are the last pictures I took of my R69S a few days before the new owner took possession. In some ways I will miss it, in others, not. It was time to let it go to someone else.

Very pretty bike. How did you go about selling it?

Jeff Dean − Tucson, Arizona − BMW MOA Co-founder (1972)
    http://bmwdean.com/2014-r1200rt.htm − MSF Chief Instructor (1994)
    Friend of the Marque (1999) − Prof. Gerhard Knochlein BMW Classic Award (2013)
    2014 & 2007 R1200RTs, R60/2s, R67/3, R51/3 ↔ 1949 R24

Set a lowish price (15K) and told a half a dozen people plus a posting on the slash2 mailing list pointing to the web page with the info. No dickering allowed. Told all that the price is what it was and if I didn't get it the bike would go on ebay and they could take their chances there. A few didn't believe me. One local guy did. He came to my house to look at the bike. I started the bike so he could hear it run. Then he started the bike. He wire transferred the funds to my account and once cleared (wire transfers are quick) I delivered the bike.

Quick and easy. Not trying to get top dollar probably helped a lot. Many on the slash2 list thought I was crazy. Or they thought I was somehow devaluing their bike. Unless they are trying to sell it this week I see that as a non issue. My sale will be soon forgotten. It the auction proceedings that get 2x what the bike is worth that are remembered.

One last picture since this is a photo thread.