Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Post photos of your vintage (pre-1970) BMW motorcycle

Quote Originally Posted by AirForce View Post
    I'm brand new to the wonderful world of vintage BMWs. I traded a 1999 K1200RS for this 1965 R60/2 just a couple of days ago. As much as I loved the Brick, it was making a slighly suspect hip hurt an awful lot. The /2 is not restored and I'm tossing around between a restoration or a really, really good cleaning/detailing. I will definitely do a complete detail and then see if I really want to redo the paint.

Well, if you're interested in opinions? As nice as it looks in that picture, I would just clean it. Heck, doesn't look like it even [needs] that.

Very nice!...enjoy.

Ron

Thanks, Ron. After seeing the vintage display at the Rally on Saturday, I've decided she just gets a really good detailing. I'll leave all the little scars from being ridden just as they are. The only things I'm replacing are the worn peg and shifter rubbers, carb intake boots, grips, and the modern bar end mirrors. It came with an old pair of bar end mirrors which look more correct on the bike.
    08 R1200GS aka Stormy.
    1989 Honda GB500 aka Ton Up.

I hate deer and love venison

advrider.com
    Looks fantastic. I'm not in Rolla any more, but I hope to see it on the road sometime.

olderbeemer
    I'm brand new to the wonderful world of vintage BMWs. I traded a 1999 K1200RS for this 1965 R60/2 just a couple of days ago. As much as I loved the Brick, it was making a slighly suspect hip hurt an awful lot. The /2 is not restored and I'm tossing around between a restoration or a really, really good cleaning/detailing. I will definitely do a complete detail and then see if I really want to redo the paint.

Looks good!! Where are you in mid Missouri? I'm north of Columbia, and have a '59 R50 and a '61 R60/2.

1963 r69s

After the first really good ride...
    Attached Images Attached Images

On the Road
    My newest addition, curvy and has big butt

64' R60/2

amesghali

1968 R75/2 Police Cruiser Conversion w/ Ural Sidecar...

Here is My 1968 R75/2 Police Cruiser Conversion w/ Ural Sidecar...

Original 1968 R60/2 was refitted with 1974 R75/6 engine and transmission - rebuilt with only 1700 on it. Th Ural sidecar was added. Custom Buchanan spoked front wheel with BMW rear hub. Front drum was replaced with Dual disk front Earl fork conversion - Fitted with 2001 Suzuki SV 650 calipers. Electronics were converted to BMW /5 with BMW Magura controls. Big 12V auto battery in the hack trunk. Vintage correct Wixom fairing and travel box. Also vintage correct Enduro saddle bags. This beautiful motorcycle looks, rides and feels great. It's a dream come true to own this.

This is what the original Bike would have looked like - (not mine)

What a cool set up! Where did you find that?

Hello all,
    I thought I would try an attempt with my smartphone to post a picture of my 1968 r50/2 with matching numbers and 52k miles before I tear it down for slingers, etc.
    So here goes.

Jeff Wilson life member

1958 BMW Isetta

This is my 1958 Isetta that I restored from 1997 till 2000 Every nut and bolt came off this car. A new floor and fire wall went in also. The engine was seized but it all came together at the end. I still own this car but it has not been driven in a few years.
    Last edited by 43362; 06-09-2013 at 10:05 PM.
    Jeff
    A bad day on the C650 GT scooter is better than the best day at work

Nickname: Droid
    As a kid I remember many a ride in the Isetta bubble cars. My dad was a mechanic in the US after first immigrating over from Holland. At home, after work, he'd work on all sorts of odd vehicles that the dealers didn't want to touch.

A new year requires a new image posted to this thread, no? Taken Jan 1, 2013..

Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    A new year requires a new image posted to this thread, no? Taken Jan 1, 2013..

Beautiful /2 you have there. You ever ride up to Alice's along Skyline? Old haunt for me in my early Cafe days when I lived in Los Gatos off old Santa Cruz hwy. The ride there on weekends was always crazy with motorcyclists racing up to the restaurant. Back in those days I rode a Norton Dunstall 750 Commando which I miss the most out of all the bikes I own.
    I hope to one day go back with my/2 for a ride before I get too decrepit.

Alice's is about 16 miles from my house. I'm often on the roads around there and it is a common destination for the Sunday Morning Breakfast Club following breakfast. That Jan 1 picture was taken at the bottom of Tunitas Creek road maybe 20 yards from highway 1.

Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    Alice's is about 16 miles from my house. I'm often on the roads around there and it is a common destination for the Sunday Morning Breakfast Club following breakfast. That Jan 1 picture was taken at the bottom of Tunitas Creek road maybe 20 yards from highway 1.
    You're a lucky man! I thought I recognized that junction in the picture.....I miss the Bay Area.