Thread: "On A Clear Day......"

BobMielke

"On A Clear Day......"

Finally, Winter has lost its grip on the Pacific Northwest. The last three days have seen record high temperatures in Oregon & I just happen to have 5 days off in a row. : My first mission was to head as far away from the coast as possible. You see, the tourists will be flocking there in herds. Instead, I headed to the mountains, in particular, Mt hood. Because of all the passes I crossed to get there the temperature varied greatly, from a low of 59 to a high of 82. I wore my Joe rocket Phoenix jacket and did get a chill at 59 degrees. I made it all the way to the top of Mt. Hood at Timberline Lodge. Again, tourists abounded so I did a U-turn in the parking lot and headed back down the mountain. Mt. Hood was beautifully capped in snow along with the clearest blue skies I've seen in over 6 months. Today Mt. Hood, tomorrow, Mt. St. Helen.

Beautiful pictures Bob, Thank you! I'll be in Portland in July, heading for a week in Rockaway (sp.?) beach with my wifes family. I'm amazed at the current temps in Portland. My wife, who grew up there says that is pretty unusual. Safe Riding!

BobMielke
    Thanks Richard. When I moved here two years ago I actually when to my apartment manager asking where the air conditioning controls were. She laughed & stated there wasn't any air conditioning. You really don't need it. The air and water quality here are so pure you can almost see forever. That's more than I can say for my birthplace of St. Louis. Glad you enjoyed the pics. Today's adventure..... Mt. St. Helens, WA.