Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Imported a new Schuberth helmet

Imported a new Schuberth helmet

For several years I have worn Schuberth Concept helmets and have loved them. The original Concept helmet was very noisy, but the C2 is extremely quite. I ride to work almost every day, and I wear glasses so the flip-up helmet is a real time saver. I don't think anyone who doesn't wear glasses can fully appreciate what a pain in the butt they are for putting on a helmet.

My current C2 has been in service for over 2 years of almost daily use. It was starting to get a little on the worn side so I started shopping for a replacement. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered that the Schuberth helmets where no longer available in the USA. Over the years I have owned over a dozen helmets so I am well aware of different helmets. After finding a helmet that was comfortable, easy to use, performed well in the rain fog wise, and did not cause me any problems I wanted another one.

So I took the global community crap to heart and fired up the computer. I have a friend who moved here after growing up in Germany. I asked him if he had any links to motorcycle sites in Germany who ship to the USA. He sent me several links that also had English translations. After looking at the Schuberth Home site to see what colors where available I ordered a helmet from FC-moto.de. On Wednesday night last week a placed an order. On Monday morning my helmet showed up from Germany.

Ummm only 4 1/2 days later I get a helmet from Germany. The cycle shop I ordered parts from over 3 weeks ago could really take lessons from these guys.

Here is my shiny new imported helmet. I hear this is also the fastest color that Schuberth makes.

Tom
    Salem Or.
    '93 K1100LT w/Bushtec
    '03 F650CS '09 F650GS

BobFV1
    With Euro v Dollar prices what they are, I can't imagine that you have started a trend.

larrydk

S1 Schuberth

I recently bought a closed out S1 and love it. My buddies were so impressed with iy they also got one. The only issue I see is the cost if these were not on close out. $700 for a helmet is a bit much, however, with what I know now, I may be wiling to spend that much when a replacement is due.

USERNAME
    that is a good looking helmet. i wish they fit my head!

Quote Originally Posted by Ridealot View Post
    On Wednesday night last week a placed an order. On Monday morning my helmet showed up from Germany.

Ummm only 4 1/2 days later I get a helmet from Germany.
    What do you expect...German efficiency!

I needed a master cylinder for my R65 when I was in Salzburg. I placed the order with the local BMW dealer in the morning, had the part by mid afternoon and installed it/bled the brakes and was riding by late afternoon.

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Ummm only 4 1/2 days later I get a helmet from Germany. The cycle shop I ordered parts from over 3 weeks ago could really take lessons from these guys.

Here is my shiny new imported helmet. I hear this is also the fastest color that Schuberth makes.
    Nice helmet. That is my favorite color Schuberth also.
    Speaking of the parts, I part time at a shop here and hear about some of the time it takes to get stuff. We can get anything overnight if it is in the country...sometimes two days if it is on the west coast and not NJ. But that costs an extra charge. On a regular stock order, it takes about a week to 10 days. But if the parts are only in Germany, it usually takes about two weeks. On rare occasions, more like a month when the parts are not in stock in Germany.
    BMWMotorcycles, fun when they're running...
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

If Schuberth starts selling again in the US, I may get one for my next lid. When I purchased my current helmet, I liked the Schuberth the best, but it was a bit out of my price range at the time.

Also, you should probably order an extra visor just in case (if you haven'd done it already)
    Jeff in W.C.
    1988 R100 RT (the other woman)
    "I got my motorcycle jacket but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer

I'm in Germany and can ship via USPS, if anyone needs a Schuberth just PM.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 88bmwJeff View Post
    When I purchased my current helmet, I liked the Schuberth the best, but it was a bit out of my price range at the time.
    The original Concept is still available and for Ôé¼249 from Louis in Germany. Thats about US$400. Prices in Europe include tax, so tax is deducted if it is shipped out of the EU.

BTW, having seen both the Concept and the new C2, the original Concept is nicer on the inside. Even if the new C2 is quieter, it still isn't as quiet as wearing any helmet with ear plugs.

keithcarr

......not a helmet, but..

....desperate for a left Schuberth C2 side shield cover wheelie thing, the black circular two-piece part that holds the visor on, any chance you could help a brudda out? i can send a pic of the part I need! Keith
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalRider View Post
    BTW, having seen both the Concept and the new C2, the original Concept is nicer on the inside. Even if the new C2 is quieter, it still isn't as quiet as wearing any helmet with ear plugs.
    After owning both a Concept and C2 there is no comparison. The C2 is a much nicer helmet. The inside padding around the ears makes an unbelievable difference in how much quiter the C2 is.

And since I wear a C2 and ear plugs I ride in a very quiet bubble.
    Tom
    Salem Or.
    '93 K1100LT w/Bushtec
    '03 F650CS '09 F650GS

After owning both a Concept and C2 there is no comparison. The C2 is a much nicer helmet. The inside padding around the ears makes an unbelievable difference in how much quiter the C2 is.
    Well they seem to have omitted the trim at the top of the head in the C2. All you see now is expanded polystyrene, in black I believe. The original Concept was "far better finished" in that respect.

When they make helmets as quiet as when I'm wearing earplugs, I'll dump the earplugs.

Quote Originally Posted by keithcarr View Post
    ....desperate for a left Schuberth C2 side shield cover wheelie thing, the black circular two-piece part that holds the visor on, any chance you could help a brudda out? i can send a pic of the part I need! Keith
    I'm on it. Won't get to Louis until Saturday though.
    Chris

Herleman
    That's a great helmet.

I have an RF1000 Shoei and a Shuberth C2 (in plain ol' white).

I find myself grabbing the Shoei when I'm off on a short hop to Home Depot or somewhere like that.

If I'm going to be on the bike for an hour or longer, the C2 is always the choice. It is a bit noisier, and a bit heavier, but it always winds up being much more comfortable on my head. The visor is bigger and I don't have to move my head as far to see things beside me, but most of all, I can open the lid at stop lights to rub my eyes or scratch my nose, or get a drink of water, or just talk to people. And I think the music from the iPod sounds better in it (OK, I'm a bit goofy on that one, I know, but I really do think it has better internal acoustics).

Its only problem is the lack of support it gets on this side of the pond.

I had a friend from one of these boards find me a visor in Athens Greece. There were none anywhere else in this country. It was expensive to get parts that way, but thank heavens for the boards.

Hopefully the parts shortage will improve.

Good luck with the new lid.

I hope it will never be needed.

Schubeth verus Shoei Sizing

I currently am wearing/using a Shoei J Wing helmet and and wondering if any of you have any opinion on how the sizing compares between the helmets.