Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally! Some good news about my daughter.

mrich12000
    Super News

rocketman
    Great News, here's to things continuing to improve, you've got a strength and fortitude that we all should aspire to, Dude!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    Great News, here's to things continuing to improve, you've got a strength and fortitude that we all should aspire to, Dude!

Jeff
    Thank you.

Yabbut, if you had told me that before, I would have insisted it wasn't true. I am not so sure it isn't desperation and stubbornness.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Quote Originally Posted by RODSHERIDAN View Post
    Great news Roy, it took about 5 years for this first good news, now we await Rachel recovering however wishing that she becomes one of us (MOA member), doesn't she deserve something special?

regards, Rod.
    Good point, I don't know if I will be able to afford it by then.

You are right though. She is, and deserves, something special IMO.

Well, I'm late to this dance, but...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm jumping on this bandwagon of good news.

Glad to hear this, Roy.
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid_Roy View Post
    Thank you.

Yabbut, if you had told me that before, I would have insisted it wasn't true. I am not so sure it isn't desperation and stubbornness.
    Well whatever works to get you where you need to be to keep going in light of such as you have faced works for me (and obviously has for you!).

You and your family are always in my thoughts.

RM

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    Well whatever works to get you where you need to be to keep going in light of such as you have faced works for me (and obviously has for you!).

You and your family are always in my thoughts.

RM
    Thank you RM, and Thank you everybody else for the kind words.

Ok here is an update for those large hearted individuals here following the story so far. I know there are a few of you.
    Her original diagnosis remains unchanged.
    We had an appointment with the Autism Dr. He said she is responding well and the "leaky gut" seems to be going away. She can start having some of the foods she couldn't. He also gave us some more supplements (her daily requirements already fill a 8.5 by 11 sheet of paper)
    Hopefully, we can discontinue some of them eventually, that would be helpful. Every summer, I take FML and stay home for 3 week days each week, and my wife does the other 2. She continues to improve, and I have noticed she is better in swim therapy this year than she was last year. Rachael is holding her arms out and grabs the float on her own. I don't have to hold her hands on it anymore. Progress is still very slow. It's like being caught behind people who steer their motorcycle through corners on a great twisty road, very frustrating.
    Always improving, my biggest fear is it will stop. We do everything we can to insure that doesn't happen. We are looking at some auditory treatment for her now. We are trying to decide if it is a scam, or a viable treatment.
    That is all, everybody have a great day and ride safe.

Progress!

Good to hear that Rachel is making progress in so many areas, Roy. We are all cheering for her.

What is the auditory treatment? Most of these things work for some and not others, but are marketed as a panacea for all. You have worked so hard at finding treatments which will work for Rachel. She can't help but benefit from the deeply caring environment you provide.

Holly
    Volunteer for the 2014 Rally in St. Paul. rallyvolunteer@bmwmoa.org

I have nothing but admiration and hope for you and your family, my friend.

Great to hear things are still moving in the right direction, Roy!!

Rachel has such an incredible laugh (and stinky feet ) that you just know she will keep making improvements. Hang in there kiddo and let us know if ther eis anything we can do to help.

I was talking with some friends on the FD last night. We were at a neighboring departmernts picnic and waterbarrel fights. I was telling the story of you Rachel. Funny, all of a sudden there was Off and other bug sprays being applied to their little ones.

Hmph......
    2001 K1200LT "Zoot" RIP 10/14/2007
    2009 K1200LT "Angus"

Cartoon Bears never wear pants!!

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Good to hear that Rachel is making progress in so many areas, Roy. We are all cheering for her.

What is the auditory treatment? Most of these things work for some and not others, but are marketed as a panacea for all. You have worked so hard at finding treatments which will work for Rachel. She can't help but benefit from the deeply caring environment you provide.

Holly
    Hi Holly

It's called Berard AIT, and we have just started looking into it. I haven't even googled it yet.
    We have to see if she meets the criteria. We are being cautious, but if we can swing it financially, and it offers some promise, (even .5 %) I can do without life's luxuries. The office here is 15 minutes from our house, but we will be checking this out thoroughly. We also try not to throw money away on "snake oil" type treatments. It is a difficult line to walk at times.

Quote Originally Posted by knary View Post
    I have nothing but admiration and hope for you and your family, my friend.
    Now that I have met you in person, I know exactly what you mean.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 2beers View Post
    Rachel has such an incredible laugh (and stinky feet ) that you just know she will keep making improvements. Hang in there kiddo and let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
    You all just did.
    Thank you Josh and Barry. It's a beautiful day, I hope everybody is enjoying it.