Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 542

Thread: Finally! Some good news about my daughter.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Registered User Rapid_Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    Posts
    5,694

    Finally! Some good news about my daughter.

    We have been giving her supplements for mineral and bacterial deficiencies for many months now. It takes a lot of time and some have to be given 15 minutes before she eats, some are once a day or twice a day. We got the results of a recent blood test and it looks like we are having an effect. Milk allergies was still over a hundred, anything over 30 means you react to it, 70 is a full allergic reaction. This seems bad but it might have been 2 or 3 hundred and now it may just be over 100. The grains were 70 and now they are 13. The same for most of the stuff that was in the 70's, it is all much lower. The leaky gut is going away. This means she is getting more vitamins out of the food she eats, and her digestive system is normalizing somewhat.
    She seems pretty happy and sharper, so we'll take it. It is nice to know the effort and hard work we are doing is paying off. Be happy.

    Everybody have a drink on me.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

  2. #2
    univers zero tessler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,999
    Great news, Roy! We're happy

    Thanks for the drinks and the good news!

  3. #3
    BUBBAZANETTI
    Guest
    very good new Roy!

  4. #4
    It is what it is. Bud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    6,493
    So happy for you all.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

  5. #5
    cheesewhiz
    Guest
    Yowza!


  6. #6
    Bear n Cass 2beers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Theresa, WI
    Posts
    434
    SWEET!! Love the good news!!!
    2001 K1200LT "Zoot" RIP 10/14/2007
    2009 K1200LT "Angus"

    Cartoon Bears never wear pants!!

  7. #7
    Registered User Rapid_Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    Posts
    5,694
    This "leaky gut" is a term I had never heard. Imagine your stomach is a sieve, it only lets amino acids through. Hers is a net, and it is letting much larger things through like proteins. This is bad because, you need proteins to help your body, and, her immune system is making antibodies to fight off these proteins. Not only is she not getting the vitamins, her body's immune system is wasting energy fighting off something that is actually good for her. It's a double whammy. Hers is starting to contract back to sieve. I don't know if all the allergies will go away, but we may be able to start giving her more normal foods. She has also been doing really well in therapy, and we got a new seat for her wheelchair that she has to sit ion dynamically. It looks like she is wearing her brace, she is sitting so straight. It was well worth the money. You thought Corbin's were expensive?
    We are hoping this will help with the scoliosis. I would be exceedingly happy if she never needed to go under the knife for anything in her life, ever again.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

  8. #8
    franze
    Guest
    Nice to hear it, best news of the day

  9. #9
    Amma Holly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ancaster, ON
    Posts
    1,188

    Woohoo!

    You made our day with this news, Roy! Very, very happy to hear it.

    Holly

  10. #10
    JCABRANES
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid_Roy View Post
    We have been giving her supplements for mineral and bacterial deficiencies for many months now. It takes a lot of time and some have to be given 15 minutes before she eats, some are once a day or twice a day. We got the results of a recent blood test and it looks like we are having an effect. Milk allergies was still over a hundred, anything over 30 means you react to it, 70 is a full allergic reaction. This seems bad but it might have been 2 or 3 hundred and now it may just be over 100. The grains were 70 and now they are 13. The same for most of the stuff that was in the 70's, it is all much lower. The leaky gut is going away. This means she is getting more vitamins out of the food she eats, and her digestive system is normalizing somewhat.
    She seems pretty happy and sharper, so we'll take it. It is nice to know the effort and hard work we are doing is paying off. Be happy.

    Everybody have a drink on me.
    Great news Roy! Our prayers are with you and your family.

  11. #11
    Registered User chasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    1,109

    Alright!

    VERY HAPPY for you and your family, Roy!!! Keep on hangin in there.


    Riding Like the Wind...

    CHASMAN
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

  12. #12
    Presidential Candidate
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    344
    Roy,

    What a tough thing to deal with, the illness of your child. I'm so happy that your daughter is improving and getting better. How old is she?

    BM

  13. #13
    Registered User Rapid_Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadMan View Post
    Roy,

    What a tough thing to deal with, the illness of your child. I'm so happy that your daughter is improving and getting better. How old is she?

    BM
    She is 10 now. The West Nile hit when she was almost 5. That is bad enough, but then you throw in complications from it, like leaky gut and Scoliosis (curvature of the spine) and you sorta get pissed.This is why I have a hard time with Karma because she has done nothing to deserve this, even if I have.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

  14. #14
    Bona fide evildoer BexBmr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Menomonee Falls, WI
    Posts
    141
    HOORAY for Rachael!!!!!!!
    This is awesome news Roy - I'm really looking forward to seeing her (and the rest of the family) again.

  15. #15
    Registered User Rapid_Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by BexBmr View Post
    HOORAY for Rachael!!!!!!!
    This is awesome news Roy - I'm really looking forward to seeing her (and the rest of the family) again.
    Hi Becky!

    The Dells Rally is probably going to be the next time she mingles with the biker crowd, unless I take her to the 105th HD party. I know

    Mr Bex Beemer said he has to work so he wasn't sure why you said you could make more rallies, but I know.
    Tell him to have fun at work and we will save a seat for you by the campfire.
    If you brought your bike, and I and Dave brought ours, we could be a bunch of smart esses.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •