Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: let's cut down the wind! R1150R windscreen

Nonskid
    I too need a taller screen. I'm 5'11" and have the BMW touring screen. It's 20 in. in length but it funnels every *@#%^&! bug into my open visor. Even if I just crack it open a little! So I'm looking into a Parabellum Sport Fairing. I like the way they look and they have tall screen options. Not sure how tall the screen should be though. I've heard that it should be just below your eyes. I just want to be sure that every bug on the planet doesn't smack me in the face!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nonskid View Post
    I too need a taller screen. I'm 5'11" and have the BMW touring screen. It's 20 in. in length but it funnels every *@#%^&! bug into my open visor. Even if I just crack it open a little! So I'm looking into a Parabellum Sport Fairing. I like the way they look and they have tall screen options. Not sure how tall the screen should be though. I've heard that it should be just below your eyes. I just want to be sure that every bug on the planet doesn't smack me in the face!!
    That's odd indeed. As I am within an inch of your height (six feet) and do not have that issue, at all.

I wonder what the big differences are... I am mostly long torso and short legs, too...

Nonskid
    I did install some bar backs that helped me sit a little more upright. But even before that it was to low.

I had good results from the factory touring screen also at your height a lip on top might help .also have ya noodled around @ www.R1150r.net ??? lots of good 411 there

Nonskid
    Yes, I use the R1150R site a lot. It is also a good place for info.

jsadlak

r1150r windscreen

i have a Parabellum shield which causes horrible wind buffeting above 50 MPH. Has anyone used an AeroFlow shield? They make a sport and touring shield.

How tall you are will impact screen post purchase happiness.

I bought Bob's MRA Vario, pictured above, and since I am short, it's perfect.

I had a Parabellum, and the buffeting at highway speeds was a lot.

I had the 19" inch Parabellum though. Too short.

I would get the 23" if I had a do over.
    Sig? What's a Sig?