Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: BYOS Whats UP With This

Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post
    Here is another tip.

Ship early too. I've seen people show up and their UPS package hasn't arrived yet. Don't know what they do without their tent, sleeping bag, etc.

Probably end up raiding the local walmart.
    Camping guy

Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    Gee, I don't know, the Wing is now 1800 cc's. Isn't that big enough?
    I want one that will actually fly.

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Good suggestion about the Parawing. Using the current 20% REI coupon and my dividend from last year, the total came to $89.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post
    I want one that will actually fly.

Be careful what you wish for!

judjones
    Quote Originally Posted by SherpaMayberry View Post
    Ship early too. I've seen people show up and their UPS package hasn't arrived yet. Don't know what they do without their tent, sleeping bag, etc.

Probably end up raiding the local walmart.
    I don't necessarily recommend this, but I know a couple of guys who went to the world cup trials in Duluth a few years ago. They were appalled to find that the campground wanted to charge $18 per tent per night. At WalMart, they found a cheap tent that looked like a futurist's drawing of a lunar colony, with three domes connected by tunnels. They used the tent for the weekend, then boxed it up and returned for a refund. Suggests an interesting strategy for the minimalist tourer.

Quote Originally Posted by judjones View Post
    I don't necessarily recommend this, but I know a couple of guys who went to the world cup trials in Duluth a few years ago. They were appalled to find that the campground wanted to charge $18 per tent per night. At WalMart, they found a cheap tent that looked like a futurist's drawing of a lunar colony, with three domes connected by tunnels. They used the tent for the weekend, then boxed it up and returned for a refund. Suggests an interesting strategy for the minimalist tourer.
    I think most of us are appalled by these "two guys" being the slackers they truly are. Reminds me of my old girlfriends mother who worked at Marshall Fields in Chicago and considerable stories of returns on cocktail dresses that had stains on them and the tags carefully tucked away. Returns are a cost of goods sold and often lead to increased overhead and ultimately higher costs. These type of people suck!

judjones
    Quote Originally Posted by careycsg View Post
    I think most of us are appalled by these "two guys" being the slackers they truly are. Reminds me of my old girlfriends mother who worked at Marshall Fields in Chicago and considerable stories of returns on cocktail dresses that had stains on them and the tags carefully tucked away. Returns are a cost of goods sold and often lead to increased overhead and ultimately higher costs. These type of people suck!
    There's the predictably tepid and sanctimonious response that sometimes makes me wonder if this is a place I want to be. I probably don't have the brass to pull it off personally, but I wish I had thought of it, and I can think of no victim more deserving than WalMart. "These type of people" are funny as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by judjones View Post
    There's the predictably tepid and sanctimonious response that sometimes makes me wonder if this is a place I want to be. I probably don't have the brass to pull it off personally, but I wish I had thought of it, and I can think of no victim more deserving than WalMart. "These type of people" are funny as hell!
    It appears that there is a large range of what people consider moral behavior, regardless of what you think of WalMart, you did agree that they were the "victim" in this event.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    It appears that there is a large range of what people consider moral behavior, regardless of what you think of WalMart, you did agree that they were the "victim" in this event.
    Cool, a thread that goes from shade to shady...

My nephew worked at wallyworld while he was going to school. The kicker for him was when someone brought back a live Christmas tree a few days after Christmas.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Considering the price of shipping these days, buying an inexpensive tent might be a good option. I remember the locals in Trenton, ONT roaming the park picking up perfectly good chairs, tents and coolers after the crowds had left. There wondered about all the round rubber disks on the ground ...and were happy to give me a couple.
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Quote Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer View Post
    Considering the price of shipping these days, buying an inexpensive tent might be a good option. I remember the locals in Trenton, ONT roaming the park picking up perfectly good chairs, tents and coolers after the crowds had left. There wondered about all the round rubber disks on the ground ...and were happy to give me a couple.
    The Local Boy Scout Troop is helping clean up after the rally. They probably can use some of the left overs. (recycling in a new form)
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, Director MOA Foundation
    2008/2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair

REI Outlet has the ALPs Mountaineering Sun Awning on sale for $89. Plus 20% off thru 12 Jun. Looks heavy.

http://www.rei.com/outlet/product/766980

or

the Pacific Outdoor Tarp for $73 - no poles.

http://www.rei.com/outlet/product/774617

The REI store has the Kelty Noah Tarps in three sizes and prices ranging from $60 -$80. However these do not include poles which are $40 ea.

http://www.rei.com/search?cat=450000...Shade+Shelters