Thread: First Sunday in Ephrata

First Sunday in Ephrata

The weather was a little iffy yesterday morning but 7 of the Mids Atlantic riders (including myself) headed north for the First Sunday rally in Ephrata, PA. Luckily we did not get rained on and the skys cleared for a beautiful day of riding.

This was my first time at this event and what a great time we had! Sport bikes, HD's, customs, BMW's, Nortons, Triumphs, one Moto Guzzi Norge, etc....all represented! The American Legion post that sponsors the event offered a decent breakfast buffet and we spent a few hours wandering the parking areas looking at all the bikes. In the process, we ran across Terham, fellow MOA member, as well as a few other Mid Atlantic Riders who met us there. The Norge had quite a few lookie-loos including a guy in NJ who I've only "met" through a Guzzi forum.

It was great fun to meet everyone and see the sights. I recommend this event to anyone in the area. Here's a link.

http://ephratamotorcycle.com/

jimabmw
    Tracy I was there and I saw a group of Delaware bikes with a silver Norge I was going to try to talk to ya but the next time I walk down thru the lower lot you guys were riding out. I met a guy on a HP2 from Symrna he said he was member.

Sorry we missed one another! We had a great time and I'll try to go there again.

Who did you meet from Smyrna? I'm wondering who bought an HP2. Do you remember his name?

jimabmw
    Sorry Tracy I talked with him about half an hour and never got his name.

I think it may have been Mike Anderson. I'll have to check this out further.

It was a nice day, wasn't it? I enjoyed meeting you and Matt. I unfortunately left my camera in the tankbag so didn't get any pictures of the event. I had a great ride over PA23 and up through French Creek St Pk on the way home. Highly recommended.
    Terence
    R75/5 R100RS K100RS R1100S