Thread: I-Pass toll violation returning from rally

Hybrid View

I-Pass toll violation returning from rally

I just received today (4/26/08) a toll violation notice from the Illinois Tollway Authority for 3 violations that occured while returning from the West Bend rally in July of 07. I thought that the reader just didn't get my EZ Pass transponder and that I would never hear about it again. I hope that I can clear this up. Illinois is in the EZ Pass interagency group so I should be ok. Has anyone else had any trouble with using their EZ Pass in Illinois?
    2004 R1150RT 145,700 miles
    1991 K100LT 126,700 miles
    1982 R100RT 106,900 miles
    Total 379,300 BMW miles

Stuff2c
    I ride all over the USofA and never think twice about whether or not mine is good in every state. So far So Good! I never see a charge on my e-pass bill either

Blocking the slow lane
    There is an uproar in the Chicago papers over the last few weeks as the company contracted to find toll violators is still working on violations from 2006. People have been getting notices for multiple violations with (now) hundreds of dollars in fines attached to them. Oh, and the contractor only seems to have about four people assigned to their customer service phone number.

Anyway, you just need to call the IL toll authority number (http://www.getipass.com), talk to a supervisor, and pay the $1.20 you owe IL. Don't pay any fines since it was obviously an equipment violation.
    Jon Diaz
    BMW K75/K12GT
    BMWMOA Ambassador

Does Illinois recognize the "EZ-pass"? Just curious because I was under the belief that it does not. If go over the Skyway I believe that is also a separate toll system.

Welcome to Illinois..
    Roy G.
    85 K100RT Ol Ruby "Gone but not forgotten"

02 K1200LTC Hoss

Illinois does accept the EZ Pass. It's very hard to find on the I-Pass website but if you do a search there for EZ Pass you will find two news releases that explain it. It's not too hard to find on the Maryland EZ Pass site.

I talked to customer service today about my problem. I was told that I would have to document that I did have a valid Maryland EZ Pass account at the time of the violation. I have downloaded the necessary information from my Maryland account and I will be faxing it to them. BTW it took 48 minutes on hold to talk to someone.
    2004 R1150RT 145,700 miles
    1991 K100LT 126,700 miles
    1982 R100RT 106,900 miles
    Total 379,300 BMW miles

Good luck and remember There is only one letter difference between IDOT and IDiOT

Like Jdiaz stated, there is one heck of an uproar in Chicago over this. My son lives in the burbs and his I-Pass doesn't make any noise to let you know if it was read or not?
    Roy G.
    85 K100RT Ol Ruby "Gone but not forgotten"

02 K1200LTC Hoss