Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Ice Cream Store Challenge

OUTBACKUFO
    love the concept of this thread but for better health and staying on my diet i better say away from looking at the tasty pictures

Quote Originally Posted by RJM2096 View Post
    My friend and I went for a ride yesterday just to enjoy the great weather. We choose to go to Murrayville (first time) and low and behold they had an Ice Cream store. An ice cream store in such a small town is a blessing and completes any good ride.

What treat do you look for on your rides?
    I've been staying away from the sweets seriously, for the past 4 months, but I do have a soft spot (no pun intended) for good homemade ice cream. PJ's Ice Cream Parlor, in Middleburgh, NY (Schoharie Cty) hit the spot several times last summer and I may make a (few?) return visit(s).

Quote Originally Posted by knary View Post
    I'll admit to being a doughnut heathen. So long as it isn't the horror known as Dunkin' Donuts, I'll be happy.
    How can you have a thread called the 2008 Get-in-Shape/Weight Loss thread and be a Donut devotee at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by tessler View Post
    How can you have a thread called the 2008 Get-in-Shape/Weight Loss thread and be a Donut devotee at the same time?
    What can I say? I'm a complicated guy.
    scott conary - BMW... err...umm... bikes are dangerous
    portland, oregon
    www.scottconary.com | new paintings

bpdougd
    The only Blue Bell ice cream source in Colorado (AFAIK).....

Well...I reckon that any Cold Stone Creamery parlor is hard to beat.

SNOONE
    Here's my vote for best ice cream ride.. At the top of Mt Peter, overlooking the entire Warwick Valley on rte 17A is Bellvale Farms Creamery, http://www.bellvalefarms.com/creamery.html every flavor homemade using milk and creme from their farm at the bottom of the hill..

If anyone wants to go I'm always in.....

Here's a review: Bellvale Creamery on the top of Mt. Peter is a "must-stop,ÔÇØ even for hikers on the Appalachian Trail, which passes through from New Jersey into Harriman State Park. Their ice cream is beyond fabulous, attests this writer ÔÇô homemade ÔÇô with dangerously addictive, yummy flavors, (one with chunks of fudge inside) and the view over Warwick is great. Source: Skylands.org Summer 2007
    First, the aroma of fresh-baked waffle cones greets you as you walk through the door. Then you might notice some of the delectable, seasonal berries that could be in any one of the more than 20 flavors of ice cream. See Menu!
    A genuine epicurean delight! Never mind that it's made from the finest cream from a nearby, award-winning dairy farm. Superb ingredients are matched with the skill of co-owner, Tim Noteboom ÔÇô a true dessert artist.

Below are a couple of their Home-made flavors. We are serious about our Ice-cream here

Vanilla Made with only the finest pure Madagascar bourbon vanilla bean extract
    Mint Chip Made with pure mint extract and dark chocolate chunks
    Butterscotch Ripple Our famous vanilla ice cream with an old fashioned butterscotch ripple
    Chocolate Creamy milk chocolate
    After Dinner Mint Mint ice cream, a hint of chocolate with chocolate-covered mint pieces
    Cookie Dough Cookie-flavored ice cream with cookie dough pieces
    Strawberry Fresh ripe strawberries blended until smooth
    Coconut Coconut ice cream with chocolate-covered almonds
    Cookies & Cream Made with real Oreo?« cookies
    Bellvale Bog Dark chocolate ice cream with brownie chunks and fudge swirl Coffee
    Strong coffee ice cream with cappuccino chips for the true coffee lover
    In the Stix French custard ice cream with Twix?« candybar pieces
    Great White Way White chocolate ice cream with dark chocolate chunks and raspberry swirl
    Cream of the Crop Sweet cream ice cream
    Blueberries & Creme
    Sweet creme ice cream with a blueberry swirl
    S'mores Graham cracker ice cream with marshmallow and chocolate swirl - takes you back to the campfire
    Cheesecake New York-style cheese cake ice cream with graham cracker swirl
    Peach Chunks of real peaches in peach ice cream
    Butter Pecan Roasted pecans in buttery ice cream
    Cherry Vanilla Our luscious vanilla ice cream with Bordeau cherry halves
    Pumpkin Made with real pumpkin and a touch of spice - just like pumpkin pie
    Apple Pie Tastes like MomÔÇÖs apple pie!
    Black Raspberry Low carb, no sugar added
    Pistachio Made with real pistachio nuts

Quote Originally Posted by snoone View Post
    Here's my vote for best ice cream ride.. At the top of Mt Peter, overlooking the entire Warwick Valley on rte 17A is Bellvale Farms Creamery, http://www.bellvalefarms.com/creamery.html every flavor homemade using milk and creme from their farm at the bottom of the hill..

If anyone wants to go I'm always in.....

When? You still owe me a ride! Tessler, too!
    Bob Smith
    '98 R1200C
    '80 XS850 Special
    '05 Rocket III

SNOONE
    Did I lose a bet?? Anytime you want to go dessert is on me. Let me know