Thread: Guy Webster/Michael Taggart Collection

SNC1923

Guy Webster/Michael Taggart Collection

Many, many members of this forum will have a far great appreciation for the following than I do, but I can't help that I'm a lunk head.

My buddies Brad and Tim invited me to go on a ride today to check out the "motorcycle museum" in Ojai. I knew about the museum in Solvang, but had never heard of one in OJai. Well, it turns out that this "museum" is the private collection of Guy Webster and Michael Taggart. they share a passion for Italian motorcycles and British automobiles, among others. If you don't know (I didn't) Webster is a preeminent celebrity photographer, documenter of such luminaries as Mick Jagger, Bob Dylan, Jack Nicholson, and Rita Hayworth. He still works at his studio in Venice, CA. Taggart is a retired English teacher who appears to have inherited money from the Budweiser fortune. However these two gentlemen came by their money, they sure know who to spend it. Here's a brief tour of their two facilities, within one block of each other in a nondescript industrial park in Ojai, CA.

Here Guy Webster allows a young museum-goer the opportunity to sit astride and rev the engine of whatever bike he chose. He chose well.

Sure was a fun and interesting day. Great ride, great food, good buds, and lots of really cool bikes. Thanks for looking. Rest of the pictures are here.

mrich12000
    Brovo

Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post

:drool

even though the pic i quoted is a spanish bike, this guy needs to meet up with a fellow up here in north georgia... they have a similar passion in italian bikes.

i'll have to try and find some pics of our georgia club vintage ride to that museum.

thanks for posting, tom... great pics!

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

Guy Webster

Thanks Tom. Here's some more stuff on him:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...ht=guy+webster

Rinty

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by rinty View Post
    Thanks Tom. Here's some more stuff on him:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...ht=guy+webster

Rinty
    Duh. . . . I posted in that thread. How weirdÔÇöHaving. . . out of body. . . experience. . . . I had no recollection of that. Thanks for closing the loop!

Guy Webster

Guy's collection and ultimate garage weasled their way into my brain and won't go away.

But if I owned his country place and that fabulous collection, I'd really worry about forest fires. And they get some big ones in California.

Rinty