Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2009 BMW MOA Rally?

Hybrid View

2009 BMW MOA Rally?

Here I sit with baited breath waiting for the announcement of my 2009 vacation destination.

Darryl
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Here I sit with baited breath waiting for the announcement of my 2009 vacation destination.

Darryl
    your breath smells like worms? eeeewwwww!!
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

ben721364

Darryl
    I hope the site selection committee will consider availability of sufficient hotel rooms nearby to accomodate those who are not interested in camping.

Quote Originally Posted by ben721364 View Post
    I hope the site selection committee will consider availability of sufficient hotel rooms nearby to accomodate those who are not interested in camping.
    Here is a link to the information the committee uses for Site Selection.

This has been a topic of much discussion. Contact the committee directly with your specific concerns.

beemergrl

Release of Rally Information

I thought yesterday at the MOA Board Meeting they were going to release it? Was I correct?

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

09 location

Quote Originally Posted by beemergrl View Post
    I thought yesterday at the MOA Board Meeting they were going to release it? Was I correct?

No, not ready yet to announce the specific location, but we have already indicated it will be in the Southeast section of the USA.

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

South East or South-South ?

You already made one in Canada ...
    How about one in Mexico ?

Let me know if I can help.
    Chihuahua and the Copper Canyon is the closest, I guess.
    Ruben Tenorio.
    International Delegate.- BMW Moto Clubes Mexico.
    Vicepresident.- BMW Clubes Federaci??n Latino Americana.
    Ambassador.- BMW Motorcycle Owners of America.

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Friedle View Post
    No, not ready yet to announce the specific location, but we have already indicated it will be in the Southeast section of the USA.

Friedle
    I vaguely recall reading in the forum after Gillette was announced that the rally was slowly working it's way out west. Ohio, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and then 2009 was supposed to be on the West Coast somewhere... I'll go search the threads to find what I think I recall.

I was hoping to attend the '09 rally as I was under the impression it was going to be on the left coast. Guess I'll have to pin my hopes on a 2010 rally.
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

ben721364
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ka View Post
    Here is a link to the information the committee uses for Site Selection.

This has been a topic of much discussion. Contact the committee directly with your specific concerns.
    Thanks. I did read the Site Selection data form and noted that hotel availability is not a priority consideration. I wish that it were. This year, I started looking for a room in January and found that all to desirable rooms had already been taken, the best by MOA officials and staff! I wound up reserving a room 60+ miles away in Buffalo.

While lots of MOA Members enjoy camping, not all do. Personally I camped enough as a kid! Surely it wouldn't hurt to elevate the importance of hotel availability???

Hotel rooms within 5 miles: ____ 20 miles: ____ 30 miles: ____

The tool does consider hotel rooms in the mix of listed considerations. The critera in red are minimum needs for a site to meet the needs of stagging the rally. It does not list a specific requirement for the moving target of rooms but takes it as a criteria and a means of comparing sites.

While lots of MOA Members enjoy camping, not all do. Personally I camped enough as a kid! Surely it wouldn't hurt to elevate the importance of hotel availability???
    well, fwiw, if a proposed site does *not* meet the hotel room availability requirement, it is usually out of the running. i don't know how much higher a priority you can put on it than that.

ian
    RSST member
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

ben721364
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    well, fwiw, if a proposed site does *not* meet the hotel room availability requirement, it is usually out of the running. i don't know how much higher a priority you can put on it than that.

ian
    RSST member
    Someone indicated that there would be ample rooms in 2009, for which I am grateful. On the other hand it appears that I may have struck a nerve based on some of the "justifications" for the lack of emphasis on facilities for folks who do not want to camp, for whatever reason.

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    Remember our brand, we are a sport touring club that loves to camp. But we require lots of hotel rooms for our rally.
    Won't be a problem in 2009.
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Ben, you can have mine this year at Gillette, and I'll give you mine next year as well. I dont want that to get in the way of great locations, such as Gillette! HA!

Darryl
    Don't hold your breath too long. It looks like the 09 site will be announced at Gillette.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.