Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I love my Sheepskin Butt Pad!

Can someone give a web site for the Air Hawk? Thanks.

Gerald

airhawk

Aerostich carries them: www.aerostich.com
    They are listed at $167.00. I get real great service from Aerostich so I'd encourage you to use them unless someone else has them for less.
    IBA No. 58411
    Current Bike 1979 BMW 100RT; 2013 BMW R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition; 2008 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic 105th Anniversary Edition

rapz,

Thanks for the website and the prompt answer to my question.
    How does the Airhawk compare with a gel seat for comfort, if you
    have used both?

Thanks again for your help.

Gerald

I had an Airhawk for my K100RT and it made long rides possible- the seat was horrible on that bike!
    I now have an Alaska Leather sheepskin buttpad for The BatBike (R100R). It dies improve comfort some but I think it's less dramatic than the ads say. I've only had it for about a month so I can't say how it does in the cold, but in the heat it doesn't really seem to offer any advantage except for not feeling quite so hot when I first sit down.
    I also wish it came with a strap for the front end- if I stand on the pegs while moving the front of the pad gets blown back over the rest of it.
    The pad is a well-made product overall though and I think I will be much happier with it once I get the seat reshaped, as the stock padding is just not cut for my needs. But that's another story...
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    I ordered one from HERE I saw one on an ST1100 and it looked really great. the guy loved it and gave me this website.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

airhawk vs. sheepskin

I'm glad to see the comparison discussion of seat pads. I just had a 1,000 mile weekend, and my R850R stock seat is a torture rack. I'm fine for 100 miles or so. Past 150 or 200 miles, every mile is more painful than the last. I don't like to stop for much of anything when I'm on a long haul, especially to just rest my butt. I'm definitely going to have to look into the airhawk. Any other solutions out there?

thanks,

Carl

FRAZZ
    Just want to say, I've got the combination of a Sargeant seat and the Sheepskin Butt pad from Alaska Leathers on my 1150 GS and where my tailbone was in pain after 150 miles...I can now do 300+ at a stretch, no problemo with much comfort........