Thread: F650GS Bench Manual

North Conway, NH (winter and summer) and Ormond Beach, FL (spring and fall)

F650GS Bench Manual

For many motorcycles I have owned, I have been able to buy a "bench manual" from the manufacturer. For instance, I have a Kawasaki KLR650 and Kawasaki produces a great bench manual that I can throw in a saddlebag to take along with me to help deal with problems when I am miles from nowhere. I have a 2007 F650GS and get out beyond help many times, and I would love to have a bench manual for this motorcycle to take along with me. So far as I know, BMW only makes a CD that I can get for about $150. Inasmuch as I do not carry a computer with me on adventure trips, the CD is not much good to me. What do the rest of you do? Is there anything I can carry with me that gives me instructions on taking apart and reassembling this motorcycle and the minimum of tools to do it with?
    1downfourup
    Fl and NH

North Conway, NH (winter and summer) and Ormond Beach, FL (spring and fall)
    Hey Flash...
    Thanks for the resource, but I am looking for some neat kind of book to pack with my stuff for reference on the road. Wiring, bolt torques, how to get at different things, etc.
    Regards,
    1downfourup

Fun is one big piston! Yellowjacket's Avatar

Work around

I have the same problem with my 05. They only make a CD. What I've been forced to do is make my own book. The CD does allow you to print a procedure so I went through the CD, picked a procedure, expanded all of the little "+" symbols to get the pictures, and printed it. It's crude but it does allow me to pick and print just the procedures I think I can actually do on the road with the tools on board. As a backup, I do carry the CD in case I have to get towed someplace other than a licensed shop. Hasn't happened yet, and I hope it never does.