Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lots of Rain in Spokane?

RIDERR1150GSADV

Talking

Originally posted by BradfordBenn
    There is a reason I moved away from Florida to a place with Snow and seasons.

August in Orlando 98 degrees 98 percent relative humidity. Thunderstorm between 3:17PM and 4:03PM Daily!
    THAT is the reason I live in the Keys and not in (B)Orlando as the seabreezes keeps everything kinda under control
    I must admit that I am looking forward getting outta here as the heat in Florida is oppressing in July and August, even in the Keys it can get quite steamy at times
    However Brad, SNOW?!?!?! AAAAARGH What is that stuff!!! I only see that in my baitfreezer!!

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Snow is fun, plus usually does not required evacuation. When I was building AmericanAirlines Arena, I rembmer being told to evacuate. Have not been told to evacuate yet for snow. However I have had snow days.

Plus it makes the wife and dogs happy.

I will admit that after the first month of winter I do get a little tired of the snow. But watching hockey seems to be more natural when it is snowing outside then from the hot tub.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

RIDERR1150GSADV

Talking

You are right about the evacs, although I have not done any since huricane George in 98. I stayed for Irene and it was cool to do huricane parties
    Ofcourse I remember snow from living in Indy in the early 80's
    and it has its charm but I don't want to live in it anymore.
    Visiting would be cool (in more than one way ) as long as I don't have to shovel the stuff!!
    See you in Spokane!!!, rain, snow or shine!!!

Fiordmann

Re: Re: Weather in Spokane

Originally posted by JetDoc
    Do I detect sour grapes from someone who's got his nickers in a twist because the rally is not in his back yard this year?

Spokane has some wonderful summer weather. Expect low humidity with daytime temps in the mid 80's and night time temps in the 60's. Yes, there are railroad tracks and a gravel pit near the fairgrounds, but you won't be camping in them. In fact, they have this wonderful new soft green stuff all over the ground in the camping area. It's called grass! I understand it's kind of rare in Florida, so maybe Fiordmann isn't familiar with it...
    We do have one major thing in Florida that you lack in Idaho - yearround riding! Of course you have potatos and Neo-Nazis.

Re: Re: Re: Weather in Spokane

Originally posted by Fiordmann
    We do have one major thing in Florida that you lack in Idaho - yearround riding! Of course you have potatos and Neo-Nazis.
    You forgot to mention the excellent twisties and mountain roads FL is known for.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Another blot on silence.. gussie's Avatar
    Originally posted by gambrinus

Isn't that a bit like saying it's a bit less gay than Richard Simmons..?

Everything is less gay than Richard Simmons, and Everywhere is less humid than Fla. in the Summertime! RW
    Richard Simmons is gay? Are you sure?
    BTW, how do you know? He could be asexual...

Re: Re: Re: Weather in Spokane

Originally posted by Fiordmann

I beg to differ. You can ride year-round in Idaho...You just need to wear heated underwear!

JetDoc
    Western Nevada
    2004 K1200LTC (Schwarzer Geist)
    2004 Suzuki DL-1000 V-strom
    2002 Suzuki Volusia (Hers)

Originally posted by gussie
    BTW, how do you know? He could be asexual...
    We can hope.....
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Question

Rain in Spokane?
    What is with the weather?
    Is it going to dry out by July?
    I am getting reports of thunderstorms? 90's in the day 60's in the night. Okay Spokanians (sp) how's the weather? Do I bring the RT or the Skidoo? sunscreen or fungicide?

Buzzed and Belligerent gambrinus's Avatar
    weather.com will answer ALL of your Spokane weather questions in about .0010 seconds.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recre...22?from=search

Pack ALL of your raingear and you'll see nothing but sunny skies. Pack a 4 season tent and a -40 sleeping bag and you'll see nothing but record high temps... just a thought.

RW
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" B. Franklin

Originally posted by Kenny2
    Rain in Spokane?
    What is with the weather?
    Is it going to dry out by July?
    I am getting reports of thunderstorms? 90's in the day 60's in the night. Okay Spokanians (sp) how's the weather? Do I bring the RT or the Skidoo? sunscreen or fungicide?
    Spokane doesn't get the big monster thunderstorms like you see back in the midwest, and the small ones we do get pass through pretty quickly. Local forecast for next week is mostly sunny, with daytime temps in the mid 80's and 60's at night. No reason to expect anything diferent for Rally week.

JetDoc
    Western Nevada
    2004 K1200LTC (Schwarzer Geist)
    2004 Suzuki DL-1000 V-strom
    2002 Suzuki Volusia (Hers)

Candidate for Director Jackie Hughes's Avatar
    Ditto to what JetDoc has reported. Today is a beautiful 80 degree day with light clouds in the skies. We had a thunderstorm roll through last night, but it was a short one and left no remnants this morning.

We don't ususally get much rain (2/10's of an inch on average) in the month of July with temps averaging 82 during the day.

Please pack all your raingear, because in my experience it is only when you don't have it that you need it. That way you almost assure us of sunny skies!

BTW, we are called Spokanites.
    Jackie Hughes
    '86 K75, '99 Ducati Monster 750
    Spokane, WA