Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How one goes riding for the day in NYC:

My Ride: From the Front Range

Wake up. Gear up. Open garage. Ride bike south fifteen feet. Turn west.
    Ride west 3/4 mile. Turn south.
    Ride south one mile. Turn west. That's pretty much the end of the flat, straight boring stuff. A one thousand foot hill is up ahead.

Ride one half mile and suddenly the altitude starts changing dramatically because now I am IN THE MOUNTAINS.

Continue by a choice of various routes to the Continental Divide some thirty (air) miles further west.

I LOVE where I live.

Gopheride

My Ride from Montreal

Open garage door,sit on motorcycle,start motorcycle,re-set GPS, let cycle warm up for a minute and turn off cycle.Climb off bike and close garage door.

Still 4" of ice in driveway and 10' snowbanks on the street.
    Riding is wishful thinking for another three wks.

Decide which bike to take the night before...(a nice option to have)and ask Helen what she is riding , go to corner 1/2 mile away to top off tanks.Have meltdown at current fuel prices Do safety check walkaround on both bikes & install electronics du jour.
    Go to bed...
    internal alarm goes off about 4:30(retirement has not turned this off!) get up and let dogs out to chase racoons out of yard.Start coffee and watch the sunrise hopefully
    Tell Helen we are leaving at 8...knowing that means 8:20ish
    Open garage,fire up the bikes, wait for Helen who has forgotten item of day in house restart bikes 5 minutes later and turn left from drive...turn left in 1/2 mile onto highway and head west into the Hill Country and twisty county roads. Sorry Bubba...no tunnels or city traffic around here. No snow capped peaks either, but we do this year round

Coming home is the hard part during summer since we live near Lake Travis and all the weekend lake snakes are out in full force pulling boats and campers home...some not paying attention...
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Happy Birthday Jon!

For me, the procedure is much like everybody else, except I have to spend some time hemming and hawing over where to go because there aren't many fun roads around here and I've already done all of them too many times. Sometimes I just don't decide and wind up riding at random thinking I'll serendipitously make an interesting new ride for myself...I should be so lucky!
    Bikeless for now...but not for much longer!

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

sniderl
    Quote Originally Posted by redrider View Post
    Open garage door,sit on motorcycle,start motorcycle,re-set GPS, let cycle warm up for a minute and turn off cycle.Climb off bike and close garage door.

Still 4" of ice in driveway and 10' snowbanks on the street.
    Riding is wishful thinking for another three wks.

LOL My husband is from Halifax... very funny post

One Less Car
    0600 hrs; out of the driveway, 2 mile warmup ride to 5 mile ride north to secret traffic avoidance route, enter traffic jam, lane split 30 miles to exit, squeek past parking structure gate, 1630 hrs reverse route.

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by sniderl View Post
    LOL My husband is from Halifax... very funny post
    no snow here though (well, very minimal anyway) in Halifax. Cold but sunny and warming up today. We are the 'tropics of Atlantic Canada'! If it wasn't for all that salt on the road ...... Now, up New Brunswick, Quebec and Ontario way it's a whole other story. -Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA