Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Photo Assignment 03/02/08: Commentary

SNC1923

Photo Assignment 03/02/08: Commentary

Please use this thread for discussion, questions, and works-in-progress.

Save the original thread to post one or two finished photos.

franze

Ah, missed another one

I just read this assignment as darkness falls. An hour ago, as I was driving home from Geneve, I could see that Mt. Blanc was completely and clearly visible with the most beautiful red alpen glow.......... I've only seen it that clear and stunning a few times. Maybe the weather pattern will hold.........

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Looking out there now, this is going to be a lot like the "winter" assignment".

Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

franze

Big Bend Salute

Nice sunset shot of the desert... Wrench and Red putting out some top stuff this week That's two claps, one for each

This should probably get stickied.

note added by RM:
    this is reference to the main assignment thread
    Last edited by rocketman; 02-24-2008 at 08:51 PM. Reason: to clearify which thread is being discussed.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KBasa View Post
    Good idea.... done.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

rocketman
    Tom and I had discussed that ourselves our concern was that we didn't want too many sticky in this area, but i have since noticed that by default the newest sticky goes to the top. I think that if we "unsticky" the preceding assignment each time we should be OK. I was going to discuss this with Tom on his return. I was wondering if there is a way to move stickys around so that the phorum rules sticky always remains on top of everything else. I've move these three posts to the comment thread to keep the main assignment thread clear of extraneously post and the discussion can continue here.

RM

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    Tom and I had discussed that ourselves our concern was that we didn't want too many sticky in this area, but i have since noticed that by default the newest sticky goes to the top. I think that if we "unsticky" the preceding assignment each time we should be OK. I was going to discuss this with Tom on his return. I was wondering if there is a way to move stickys around so that the phorum rules sticky always remains on top of everything else. I've move these three posts to the comment thread to keep the main assignment thread clear of extraneously post and the discussion can continue here.

RM
    I believe you can make an "announcement" which will be permanently (if you desire) posted above the threads. It can be limited to a single forum, as well.

You might want to leave the last assignments up, but let the commentary fall down, so you only have a couple photo assignment threads up.

Just a suggestion. You guys are doing an absolutely fantastic job with this.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

rocketman
    I believe you can make an "announcement" which will be permanently (if you desire) posted above the threads. It can be limited to a single forum, as well.

You might want to leave the last assignments up, but let the commentary fall down, so you only have a couple photo assignment threads up.

Just a suggestion. You guys are doing an absolutely fantastic job with this.
    Thanks, yeah that was my thinking too, leave just the main thread up of the current assignment and then rotate them out with each new one. With the link included in the main thread, the commentary would be easy enough to find for each one without being a sticky as well. We'll see what Tom thinks on his return today.

And thanks for the kudos, its been a gas so far...

RM

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Yup we can mix and match announcements and stickies.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

rocketman

Rocketman's hunt for 'scapes

Since it was 30 this AM with blue skies I headed out for a meet-up for breakfast and then for a ride to see if I could find some 'scapes for the assignment.

I was planning on a 3 hour ride and wound up burning up a whole tank of gas! Found a bunch of 'scapes, some that I will have to return to again
    while it was the best time of day for riding (weather wise) it was the worst for shooting (mid-day sun) so they came out a bit washed out if I exposed for sky or on the dark side if exposed for the land. but here are some that I was able to shoot all with the G9

TREE-Scape

ROAD-Scape

FEN-Scape

SAND-Scape

SKY-VALLEY-Scape

But mostly what I found and what really counts on any ride is ...

"ESS"-capes!

RM

SNC1923

Landscapes

I had a long drive home from Lake Arrowhead yesterday, so I stopped a few times along the way to capture some landscapes. Here's a few that I don't hate. All shot with a polarizing filter; most shot on a tripod.

As it became dark and stormy and nasty, I headed down the 178 (Kern River Canyon) to try my hand at a few long water exposures again. The lighting conditions and a polarizing filter allowed me to achieve 30-second daylight exposures for really nice results with the water.

C&C (comment and criticism) welcome. Click images for EXIF info.

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post
    Wonderful pictures! So good I enjoyed them all each of the THREE times you posted them.

Voni
    sMiling
    Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    Voni, maybe it was shutter stutter ? However they were great photos I enjoyed the stream the most.
    Oh, good lord. I know how that happened, but I have no idea why that happened. Sorry, I shall delete them forthwith.

(but thanks for the compliments!)

Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post
    Please use this thread for discussion, questions, and works-in-progress.

Save the original thread to post one or two finished photos.

franze

Tom Scores

Very nice work, Lensman. You're nearly halfway to a calendar!!! I am partial to the Joshua tree as I've had so many good times in that area. BUT, I really, really love the streaming stream. The rapids have morphed into cottony, cloudy, whispy, wait, no, this is Willie Wonka's White chocolate river!! Take a bow, young man.