Thread: Florida ride report

Florida ride report

Many thanks to those who responded to my earlier question of where to ride. I had to trailer my bike down to Hernando Beach as I had a car full of wife and kids.

First day there was kind of rainy and very windy. Found out later that it actually snowed that day up in Hiawassee Georgia.

The next day I ran into an MOA member at Busch Gardens. He was thinking of running for office, but I think he was over qualified.

Boat ramp at Bayport.

Fort Island beach.

My wife dropped me off in Atlanta for a charity golf tournament. I then rode back home from Atlanta. For those who are curious, yes those are my clubs strapped to the bike. SW through 3I, and 3 woods are in that case. For those that are interested I bought that case through a company called Cargo Golf. One strap and 2 bungees and it is very secure, although I might look a little silly riding down the road.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Golf and bikes? Awesome. You wear your helmet in the golf cart?
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

I don't wear one, but I make my playing partners sign a waiver if they choose not to.

Learn something new every day

My apologies for the somewhat screwy ride report. I didn't know that I couldn't attach more than one photograph. I was hoping to show you the MOA member I met at Busch gardens. I think he was running for president. At least he probably knows how to use a computer to attach image files.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hmmmm, President you say? Bears a striking resemblence to one of the existing candidates... ;-))
    Bob Weis
    '04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
    www.earplugco.com

Golf clubs? Pah -- not weird at all. You should see the looks I get with my SCUBA gear strapped to the bike.

Hall

Re: Florida ride report

Originally posted by James O

My wife dropped me off in Atlanta for a charity golf tournament. I then rode back home from Atlanta. For those who are curious, yes those are my clubs strapped to the bike.
    Florida!

How's the lane splitting with those clubs strapped to the back to your bike?
    C R Valley
    San Mateo, CA
    '98 K1200RS
    In-Search of '69-'71 R75/5 fixer-upper

C R,
    Lane splitting is not legal in Georgia and to be honest I have no idea if it is in Florida.
    I will admit that I forgot about the wide load as I pulled in for gas once and hit a plastic trash can that was sitting a few feet away from the gas island. Lucky for me it moved and caused no problem. I've ridden with my clubs about a half a dozen times and that was the first, and hopefully the last time, that I ever hit anything.
    James O

Lane splitting is not illegal in California and is illegal everywhere else in the United States.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.