Thread: Tire Swapping

Tire Swapping

A couple of us are going to Gillette from CT/MA/NY. We were thinking of putting on some TKC80s and doing parts of the TAT back home. Any suggestions/thoughts on best way to do that. Will vendors swap out tires at the rally? Any idea if the cost is huge at the rally?

Tire prices are usually very good at a rally. Wait-times may be long, and availability of certain sizes, brands or models may be limited, or even non-existant. There are a number of dealers/suippliers in teh general vicinity that might also be availble to help (Beemers & More in Ft. Collins CO is only a few hours away, extrememly helpful, and very fair priced).
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

SNC1923
    Hey Boyscout,

I have no tire advice to add to Bikerfish1100's excellent suggestions, but I did want to say welcome to the forum. We're glad you're here.

i believe there will be a UPS store on site, why not buy your tires locally and ship them to the rally site?

Thanks for the welcome. I was thinking of buying and shipping the tires. Knowing there is a UPS on site may make things easier. Hope to see you there.