Thread: Chief Joseph Rally

Chief Joseph Rally

http://www.bmwro.org/

Rider Magazine ran an article on riding in central Oregon. The article was very complimentary about the countryside and the twisty nature of the roads, but frankly the authors could not quite capture how great this part of the country really is. The BMW Riders of Oregon have their annual rally in June in the town of John Day surrounded by big western countryside that is unique to Oregon.

The Town of John Day welcomes the riders. Central and Eastern Oregon is high desert and June is dry. The Police watch the main road (Hwy 26) and pretty much ignore the hinterlands. There are deer.

As the magazine is current I thought it would be timely to mention what a great early summer destination this rally provides.

See Ya

Brick Flyer
    Bob:

Did you notice the pictures of you and your bike in the 2007 Chief Joseph Rally gallery?
    Jim Titus
    2007 R1200GS Adventure
    http://beemer.jimtitus.net

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_M View Post
    http://www.bmwro.org/

Rider Magazine ran an article on riding in central Oregon. The article was very complimentary about the countryside and the twisty nature of the roads, but frankly the authors could not quite capture how great this part of the country really is. The BMW Riders of Oregon have their annual rally in June in the town of John Day surrounded by big western countryside that is unique to Oregon.

The Town of John Day welcomes the riders. Central and Eastern Oregon is high desert and June is dry. The Police watch the main road (Hwy 26) and pretty much ignore the hinterlands. There are deer.

As the magazine is current I thought it would be timely to mention what a great early summer destination this rally provides.

See Ya
    I WOULD BYPASS RED LODGE AT THAT TIME..THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF HARVEYS AT THAT RALLY...JUST BEFORE STURGIS DON'T YA KNOW?

Hi Jim

Quote Originally Posted by rangepig View Post
    Bob:

Did you notice the pictures of you and your bike in the 2007 Chief Joseph Rally gallery?

This is one of the top rallies in the Pacific Northwest and not to be missed if at all possible. One of my favorites!!
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS