Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 525

Thread: Post your one day ride photo.....

  1. #226
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    901
    How about this beauty from the Bloomsburg Rally?

    Steve
    Little Rock, AR

  2. #227
    "Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    5,432
    Quote Originally Posted by GSteve View Post
    How about this beauty from the Bloomsburg Rally?
    Not a fan of of the paint job.

  3. #228
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by GrafikFeat View Post
    Not a fan of of the paint job.
    Duly noted. Since it is so offense to warrant a comment, what precisely don't you like (given that it's not your bike) the colors, the motif, the theme, or just that it isn't stock? Not a Chromehead? No hack?


    Last edited by GSteve; 07-27-2011 at 12:58 AM.
    Steve
    Little Rock, AR

  4. #229
    Mars needs women! 35634's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,970
    Actually, it flows pretty nicely. The stars clash with the roundel, but i can live with that (seeing that it's not mine)
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

  5. #230
    "Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    5,432
    Quote Originally Posted by GSteve View Post
    Duly noted. Since it is so offense to warrant a comment, what precisely don't you like (given that it's not your bike) the colors, the motif, the theme, or just that it isn't stock? Not a Chromehead? No hack?
    Respect.

    Please read the United States Code:

    UNITED STATES CODE
    TITLE 36
    CHAPTER 10

    ?º176. Respect for flag

  6. #231
    Registered User SeabeckS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    GPS (Greater Puget Sound)
    Posts
    859
    The paint job is nicely done, and fairly attractive...

    However, I have to agree with GrafikFeat on this one...

    Personally I'm a bit tired of seeing the Stars and Stripes pasted across a bike, a butt, or just about anywhere else. It's a very meaningful symbol of the origins and history of our country, and the use of it as a "decorative" feature just demeans the flag.

    Just my very personal opinion, and if that offends someone....too bad.
    Bill Johnston

  7. #232
    Cam Killer marchyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    3,307
    Quote Originally Posted by GrafikFeat View Post
    Not a fan of of the paint job.
    Paint's fine. The stripes fit the curves of the bike quite well.

    Now those passenger peg/floorboards drive me up the wall.

  8. #233
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by GrafikFeat View Post
    Respect.

    Please read the United States Code:

    UNITED STATES CODE
    TITLE 36
    CHAPTER 10

    ?º176. Respect for flag
    Again, duly noted. However, your site only pertains only to "the flag", not the colors, red, white, or blue, or to stars or stripes. If the owners had taken a "flag" and glued it to the bike your point would be more valid. Instead he used paint and stylized a suggestion of a flag. Do you also object to the costume of "Uncle Sam", which uses a similar stylizing, but is not made of an actual flag?



    I think that the paint work was tastefully done and made a statement that the owner is proud of his country. But, even if I didn't like it, I would never feel compelled to walk up to him and inform him of such, even if in my mind I would be wondering "what were you thinking".
    Steve
    Little Rock, AR

  9. #234
    I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Live Free & Ride, NH
    Posts
    3,859
    There is life beyond I80/I81/I78 in PA!



    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

  10. #235
    "Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    5,432
    Quote Originally Posted by GSteve View Post
    Again, duly noted. However, your site only pertains only to "the flag", not the colors, red, white, or blue, or to stars or stripes. If the owners had taken a "flag" and glued it to the bike your point would be more valid. Instead he used paint and stylized a suggestion of a flag. Do you also object to the costume of "Uncle Sam", which uses a similar stylizing, but is not made of an actual flag?
    I think that the paint work was tastefully done and made a statement that the owner is proud of his country. But, even if I didn't like it, I would never feel compelled to walk up to him and inform him of such, even if in my mind I would be wondering "what were you thinking".
    I'm not going to argue my opinion. Or start splitting hairs with you.
    Colors are mentioned in the Code.
    "My Site" I had chosen to link was one of thousands. Perhaps this one is better:
    http://www.vfw.org/Community/Flag-Education/

    As in grade school we were told "Two wrongs don't make it right."
    "Because Tommy did it doesn't mean you should."

    Do what what you want. I just happen to think it is disrespectful of the Flag and anyone who has died defending it.
    Quoting: "The language of the federal code makes clear that the flag is a living symbol."
    That's clear enough for me.

    Oh... If I had seen it at the rally I prolly would have said something had the owner been standing there.
    "Beautiful paint job... But did you know..."

  11. #236
    I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Live Free & Ride, NH
    Posts
    3,859
    Sounds like quite the ride Jim. How about a picture?
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

  12. #237
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by GrafikFeat View Post
    I'm not going to argue my opinion. Or start splitting hairs with you.
    Colors are mentioned in the Code.
    "My Site" I had chosen to link was one of thousands. Perhaps this one is better:
    http://www.vfw.org/Community/Flag-Education/

    As in grade school we were told "Two wrongs don't make it right."
    "Because Tommy did it doesn't mean you should."

    Do what what you want. I just happen to think it is disrespectful of the Flag and anyone who has died defending it.
    Quoting: "The language of the federal code makes clear that the flag is a living symbol."
    That's clear enough for me.

    Oh... If I had seen it at the rally I prolly would have said something had the owner been standing there.
    "Beautiful paint job... But did you know..."

    Sorry, I assumed that since you ventured to express your opinion, you also wanted to argue the point. Somehow I suspect that your unsolicited opinion about someone else's bike is in the minority. I hope that you can get out for a ride soon and enjoy life.
    Steve
    Little Rock, AR

  13. #238
    Registered User SeabeckS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    GPS (Greater Puget Sound)
    Posts
    859
    [QUOTE=GSteve;698576]How about this beauty from the Bloomsburg Rally?
    QUOTE]

    Unsolicited opinion...?



    Cheers!
    Bill Johnston

  14. #239
    "Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    5,432
    Quote Originally Posted by GSteve View Post
    Sorry, I assumed that since you ventured to express your opinion, you also wanted to argue the point.
    You. Assumed. Wrong.

  15. #240
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    901
    [QUOTE=SeabeckS;699427]
    Quote Originally Posted by GSteve View Post
    How about this beauty from the Bloomsburg Rally?
    QUOTE]

    Unsolicited opinion...?



    Cheers!
    When you're right, you're right
    Steve
    Little Rock, AR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •