Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ram GPS mount

Quote Originally Posted by twins4life View Post
    The one that arrived is not a replacement cover. This one sits on top of the original and uses longer screws.
    Who did you get it from and are they RAM parts? If so, you may want to post the RAM part numbers so that others can differentiate.

here is the guy I use, he is in Austin and the TX distributor...They just came out with the replacement cover for the Hexheads.

two styles. look under resevoir mounts in the index and page down

345-u-- replaces the cover

346-u sits on top

www.mountinginnovations.com
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

R-1100R + 120MPH = :)) twins4life's Avatar
    The "reservoir mounts" from that site you listed say:

"RAM-B-345UCenter Ball Reservoir Adaptor fits cleanly over your existing reservoir cover and is a one piece design."

"RAM-B-346U Side Ball Reservoir Adaptor fits cleanly over your existing reservoir cover and is a one piece design"

Thats where I ordered mine from.

But some pics on the Ram Mount factory site look like a replacement type of mount where it REPLACES the OEM cover I wonder if they are switching production to the "over" mount in place of the "replacement" type??????

gabentx
    Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    here is the guy I use, he is in Austin and the TX distributor...They just came out with the replacement cover for the Hexheads.

two styles. look under resevoir mounts in the index and page down

345-u-- replaces the cover

346-u sits on top

www.mountinginnovations.com
    Hey Steve,

Not to disagree, but I bought from Barry at Mounting Innovations and the 345-U sits on top as well. The picture on both the RAM website and his site is horrible though as it clearly looks like it replaces the cover. Even Barry's verbiage at Mounting Innovations says it sits over the cover.

The 345-U fits over the cover and the ball is directly over the cover itself.

The 346-U fits over the cover but the ball is offset to the side...I guess maybe to get it out of the line of the mirror but not sure.

When I talked to Barry a few weeks ago, he suggested that I stick with the 345-U as it's one he had used many a time vs. the 346-U which is fairly new...

Anyway...just my 2 cents....FWIW...