Thread: Lake Express on Lake Michigan

Lake Express on Lake Michigan

Have the Rally organizers made any special arrangement again this year for the discounted Lake Express Hi Speed Ferry? Would save me time instead of gridlock through Chicago.

Tomas
    "All you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of people."

OldAndBusted
    fond memories of watching Wild Hogs with 200 other bmw people last july on the lake express

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

Ferry

Arrangements for the South Dakota to Wyoming Express Ferry will be published on line shortly. Stay close to your monitor.

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

Actually - I know that other BMW riders have asked for & received the discount, just by booking ahead of time and asking for it.

It's worth a try.

The Lake Express Ferry is very motorcycle friendly. Good Luck!
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Rihn-Manke View Post
    Actually - I know that other BMW riders have asked for & received the discount, just by booking ahead of time and asking for it.

It's worth a try.The Lake Express Ferry is very motorcycle friendly. Good Luck!
    I'll see some of the SS Badger folks on April 12 at BMW MC of Grand Rapids, and will ask if the Badger will do it.

Actually, I've sent emails to both the Lake Express and the Badger, but haven't received a reply. Will follow up, but Sue's correct. Both ferries are motorcycle friendly. I've never used the Lake Express, but have ridden the Badger numerous times.
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by k75karol View Post
    I'll see some of the SS Badger folks on April 12 at BMW MC of Grand Rapids, and will ask if the Badger will do it.
    Actually, I've sent emails to both the Lake Express and the Badger, but haven't received a reply. Will follow up, but Sue's correct. Both ferries are motorcycle friendly. I've never used the Lake Express, but have ridden the Badger numerous times.
    The SS Badger has responded.

"WeÔÇÖd be happy to offer a discount to anyone who uses the Badger to attend the rally. The discount would be available July 10th-27th to anyone who mentions the code ÔÇ£BMWÔÇØ when they book." www.ssbadger.com"

I'll post here when the Lake Express responds.
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

Much of the Chicago road work has been finished to the point that traffic flow has greatly improved on the major expressways and tollways. Ditto for their counterparts in northwestern Indiana. So, unless you travel during the rush hour, you should not have traffic problems. Getting an I-Pass lets you breeze through the toll gates at highway speed.

Quote Originally Posted by swall View Post
    Much of the Chicago road work has been finished to the point that traffic flow has greatly improved on the major expressways and tollways. Ditto for their counterparts in northwestern Indiana. So, unless you travel during the rush hour, you should not have traffic problems. Getting an I-Pass lets you breeze through the toll gates at highway speed.
    Checked their website
    EZ Pass is also accepted in Chicagoland on the tollways.
    USN Retired
    '02 R1150 RT