Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Motorcycle Rentals YEA/NEA?

Quote Originally Posted by Belquar View Post
    My dad rented a GS from www.azride.com and had a bad experience with them.

They kept his security deposit for a rock ding on the bike and a scuff on the side case.
    Did they replace those items? I highly doubt it!!! After paying the security deposit, I'd be demanding those parts be given to me.

Which makes me believe they want you to suffer minor damage so they can justify keeping your security deposit. Then they get to keep the security deposit from the next guy that adds to the damage. Imagine the money that can be made on security deposits alone. The security deposit is supposed to cover their insurance deductible.

ghostridery2k
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalRider View Post
    Did they replace those items? I highly doubt it!!! After paying the security deposit, I'd be demanding those parts be given to me.

Which makes me believe they want you to suffer minor damage so they can justify keeping your security deposit. Then they get to keep the security deposit from the next guy that adds to the damage. Imagine the money that can be made on security deposits alone. The security deposit is supposed to cover their insurance deductible.
    this is hoe u haul charge for demages,i know this for a fact from friend who works for u haul

Quote Originally Posted by ghostridery2k View Post
    this is how u haul charge for demages, i know this for a fact from friend who works for u haul
    So the above scam may be possible practice with some outfits; and that on top of overpriced rental rates.

There is a thread going on another forum regarding rentals. Since I keep expense records of everything on Excel, I was able to produce my costs per 2500 kms (1553 miles), which is the high side of what rental agencies include in a weekly rental. My costs were under 10% of the rental rate.

Although the service is of value to some, I'm glad I don't have to rent motorcycles.

Rentals

I've rented a Harley Dynaglide (3-days) from American Eagle in Miami and a Honda VFR (one-week) from Raceways in London, UK. In both cases, the experience was excellent. Very different experiences in very different places but both were great fun.

Eagle rider Orlando

Rented for several years from Eagle Rider in Orlando with nothing but good experiences. They were impressed with the fact that I had the most riding experience of anyone who had rented from them; during Bike Week they often gave me their regular rate and always zeroed our the deposit upon my return; highly recommended...wj