Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Water Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    Hey, that's me!

Great river trip in WV last year at the UnRally. Thanks for posting. Good people, good times, good memories.

Best of all, even though they tried to pull me out of the boat, I stayed in.
    Ha! That was the everybody splash Bud moment. Indeed a fun trip and great rally.

(Hi Bud )
    Ben Ricci

Rides & Drives: '07 BMW F800ST Low, '07 Porsche Cayman, '06 VW Jetta TDI & '05 BMW R1200ST

Nice shot Gail! Love the timing on that curling wave along with the overall composition.
    Ben Ricci

Rides & Drives: '07 BMW F800ST Low, '07 Porsche Cayman, '06 VW Jetta TDI & '05 BMW R1200ST

Peter_Krynicki

crgrbrts
    Behind my house back in Gloucester, Mass.
    Attached Images Attached Images

crgrbrts
    ...and down the street...

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar

Kayaking with the three-year old.
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

Airhead GS convert...
    Water pics? Good gosh, that's me! Surrounded by the Great Lakes, and most recently by snowmelt and floodwater....

Following water shots were taken during a 2006 trip to Michigan's Drummond Island (easternmost point on the upper peninsula) on my 1992 Airhead GS, to explore the Jeep trails there.

Camera: a 50 y/o swing-lens Widelux FV. Shutter was either 1/125 or 1/250 and F11 by day, and the sunset may have been 1/15 and F11. There's not a lot of adjustments on the camera, and I shoot with either 100 or 200 speed film, so if it's sunny I pretty much can tell you from logic what the settings were.

Mackinaw Bridge, a Photoshop merge of two panoramic Widelux photos:

Sunset from my campsite at Township Park campground, looking to the Michigan mainland:

Same image by day:

Pleasure boat docks at Hessels, Michigan; on the ride home:

Taking the ferry back to the mainland, after riding around on the Jeep trails for a day or so. I don't know the woman, but she sure is pretty, isn't she?
    Last edited by DougGrosjean; 02-21-2008 at 09:54 PM. Reason: To put in HTML to reference the images, instead of clickable URLs...

Airhead GS convert...
    One more water pic, from a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway, and then Deals Gap, with my then 10 y/o son over Spring Break on the GS in April 2006. Very cool trip - not crowded, the first time I'd done the whole BRP in one trip, and the last big trip we took on the GS together.

The creek is at the start of the hiking trail at Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest (I think that I shall never see, a thing as lovely as a tree). It was dim, light fading, and I had absolutely no faith that this shot would turn out. I metered the light, rested the Rolleiflex TLR on the flat of the bridge's handrail, and gently pushed the button. Since I was pretty sure it was a waste of film, that was the only shot I took. Plus light was fading anyway. Time was very slow, like 1/15 or thereabouts.

If you get a chance to hike there, just do it. It's a big stand of virgin timber, rare in the East, huge trees when you get to the top of the hike. It's close to Deals Gap, but a world away mentally. You'll probably be all by yourself, or maybe see 1-2 other hikers. And at the top of the hike, the forest floor is covered in soft moss and ferns, smells wonderful and feels soft, and the first tree branch on those oldies is about 40' up.

The hi-res version of the above shot makes a great screensaver, though I have to crop it from its original square format to get it to fit properly.
    Last edited by DougGrosjean; 02-21-2008 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Added that BRP trip was on the GS

Just a little east of Paradise (California)

Icy Strait

Whales bubble feeding.

Here's Another

Bob Rippy
    IBA #451
    Tour of Honor Missouri State Sponsor
    14 R1200RT (currently parked) 07 R1200RT

happened upon this thread and the topic is too perfect for me to not throw in my two cents.

rode my bike out to Folly Beach (about 20 minutes from my house) and took this one

walked over the sand dune and took this one

Just a little east of Paradise (California)

Duncanby Lnd. BC

Way too much water!

SNC1923

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada

Our Country House Front Door

Larrys River, Nova Scotia (Home of the Salty Fog Rally)

saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

OUTBACKUFO
    Quote Originally Posted by crgrbrts View Post
    Behind my house back in Gloucester, Mass.
    really great photo