Thread: Windscreen Up/Down?

Windscreen Up/Down?

I have an RT and love the electric windscreen. How do you ride with your windscreen? Up/Down/Halfway and under what conditions?

Rob Mayes
    www.cyclecranks.com | 2000 BMW R1100RT (Current) | 2000 HD DynaWide Glide (Current)
    1985 Honda Magna V-65 | 1970 Norton Commando | 1966 Triumph Chopper | 1962 Honda 125 Sport

i like to set it where i just look over the wind shield and at that point it gives me all the protection i want.On hotter days i lower it to get some air.
    Karlheinz
    1998 r1100 rt/p
    1985 k 100 rs
    2001 k 1200 rs
    99 740 il

I prefer low position at slow speeds and higher up at faster speeds. I still like to see over the windshield when it is up. My previous bikes did not have adjustable windshields and I went through a couple of different heights until I found one that I could see at the right height.
    04 R1150RT

I lower the screen until I start to feel buffeting or dirty air, then raise it until it goes away. Usually lower, if not all the way down, in town or slow riding. I have a Cee-Bailey +2 and never look through it.
    Al - Ogden, Utah
    Boxer bikes, boxer dogs, and letterboxing.
    2004 1150GS
    2006 Boxer dog (Paisley)

Colorado High Country glennhendricks's Avatar

Still trying to figure it out

I put a CB +6 on my RT and am still trying to figure out where to run it. I am leaving it down at slow speeds as well but ride at speed with it up to just under my eye level so I can look over it. I realized that trying to look through gave too much distortion to see the road surface up here.

I'm getting a lot of helmet wind noise with the windshield in any position. Especially with a cross wind. I have the saddle in the highest position but will lower it to the mid spot to see if that helps the noise.

I have an Aeroflow and run it low enough just to see over it and if weather is bad (ie. windy or rain) I raise it up and look through it. Also use it 3/4 up with 2 up. Full up with 2 up seems to stall the flow over the screen.

Mike
    Mike & Robin Fifer http://www.n-scale-model-trains.com/ 2002 R1150RT Current
    1995 K75S Sold
    1996 R1100RT sold

I have the stock screen, and keept it down unless it is below 20 degrees, or raining very heavily, or really gusty winds are ripping my head off.

The airflow with the shield down is very smooth, unless I am behind a pickup truck or semi....

Quote Originally Posted by wsteinborn View Post
    The airflow with the shield down is very smooth, unless I am behind a pickup truck or semi....
    Ditto! I think it is the wider surface and the laminier edges.
    Mike
    Mike & Robin Fifer http://www.n-scale-model-trains.com/ 2002 R1150RT Current
    1995 K75S Sold
    1996 R1100RT sold