Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Photo Assignment 02/09/08

SNC1923
    Adsinger:

Welcome! That's a beautiful shot. It's a pretty strong endorsement for Tamron as well.

Be fun to play with the exposure on this. I'd like it a bit darker, I think, but I notice that I have a tendency to underexpose. Nice image no matter how you slice it.

Post early and post often.

1024JLC

Winter

Winter
    Attached Images Attached Images

About that shutter speed

Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post
    Thanks, Bob.

Many would argue that 1/250 sec. is the slowest you could handhold this shot given your focal length. If this was handheld, I'd say your VR is working just fine, thank you very much. It also explains the slight motion in her hands. It's a great capture.

Congrats on your 50th state. That's quite an accomplishment. I rode for a day or two in Hawaii, but I've only got 16 states, I think.

I'll look for that ride report--sounds interesting. Awfully hard to take bad pictures there, isn't it?
    It was handheld from a sitting position. In a previous obsession I was a Competitive Pistol Shooter. Another Friend with the same previous obsession also shares the camera obsession and we have found that the same attributes that lead to being a good pistol shot lead to better than the standard ability to hold hand held. Breath control, right amount of grip pressure and a smooth release.
    Bob Rippy
    IBA #451
    Tour of Honor Missouri State Sponsor
    14 R1200RT (currently parked) 07 R1200RT