Page 49 of 70 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

Criminal, Don't let this stop you from posting. The free association thread can always use some new perspectives.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

JAMESDUNN
    The train photo (posted by gwood) is the ride from Durango to Silverton. I have ridden it many times and have a good friend that works for the line, John Briner, engineer. My old "neck of the woods". Lovely country and trip!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdunn View Post
    The train photo (posted by gwood) is the ride from Durango to Silverton. I have ridden it many times and have a good friend that works for the line, John Briner, engineer. My old "neck of the woods". Lovely country and trip!
    This was my first time riding the train. I'd been through Durango many times on bike trips, but had never taken the time to ride it. Last year I had my 13YO son with me, and we decided to actually stop and do some things on that trip, rather than just blitz around the state. We rafted for a day on the Arkansas, saw Mesa Verde, rode the tram up Monarch, etc.

I think we'll go back again next year and ride the train up to Silverton and raft back on the Animas.
    "You must be fast, 'cause I was hauling *** when I passed you!"

JAMESDUNN
    Quote Originally Posted by gwood View Post
    This was my first time riding the train. I'd been through Durango many times on bike trips, but had never taken the time to ride it. Last year I had my 13YO son with me, and we decided to actually stop and do some things on that trip, rather than just blitz around the state. We rafted for a day on the Arkansas, saw Mesa Verde, rode the tram up Monarch, etc.

I think we'll go back again next year and ride the train up to Silverton and raft back on the Animas.
    Not many do as you did, that is, doing things "off the bike". Good idea and fun! The raft trip back from Silverton sounds cool. I know some take the bus back as opposed to the train, but a raft? A much more entertaining way to travel!

JAMESDUNN

Post #4472.

Nice ol' red motorbike. What is it?

JAMESDUNN
    Thanks marchyman! Nice photo.

criminaldesign
    i'm guilty myself, one bike shot generates a long stagnant thread of bike shots.

Help me understand

The shot I posted if the world's largest goose (4477) had wings as did the sculpture. I do not get the 4478 post. Anyone?
    Bob Rippy
    IBA #451
    Tour of Honor Missouri State Sponsor
    14 R1200RT (currently parked) 07 R1200RT

JAMESDUNN
    Quote Originally Posted by MLS2GO View Post
    The shot I posted if the world's largest goose (4477) had wings as did the sculpture. I do not get the 4478 post. Anyone?
    Maybe that BMW's fly? No, I think the poster just threw something up, or perhaps saw the old Guzzi pic. Sometimes posters don't pay much attention to association, even though the thread evolves that way in a more interesting fashion.

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MLS2GO View Post
    I wondered the same thing, his bike is a flying goose? , but got past the lack of association and moved on to garage pictures (again)
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Color? Grey(?) and black on the bike?
    Terence
    R75/5 R100RS K100RS R1100S

Quote Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer View Post
    I wondered the same thing, his bike is a flying goose? , but got past the lack of association and moved on to garage pictures (again)
    Maybe he named his bike "Gray Goose"??
    "You must be fast, 'cause I was hauling *** when I passed you!"

"Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwood View Post
    Maybe he named his bike "Gray Goose"??
    Perhaps they drink Grey Goose Vodka and were drunk when posting...

Oooo! That reminds me...
    "Stupidity, if left untreated, is self-correcting."

Re 4543: I was a couple of seconds too slow, but it still kind of works so I'll leave it alone.