Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

Looks like Ole Tom's thread has moved past Brad's pet pix thread. the eyes have it.

chewman
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemerchef View Post
    I have the feeling that I might get canned for this one as I DID NOT take it... but, I could not resist!!!

I repent... I repent...
    Com'on now, jes scrape the paint off 'n throw 'em in the pot with the rest, then we'll "can" it 'n sell it at the next rally fer $2 a quart!

Thats a great opportunistic shot....

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    Missed my chance in the main thread to show off my Blue Angels photos, so I'll post 'em here:

Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

Nice, you show off....

Quote Originally Posted by torags View Post
    Nice, you show off....
    Just a guy standing on a bridge or in a boat with a camera with a long image-stabilized lens watching airplanes fly by. Nothing more complicated than that

I do love the shadows cast by the smoke trails in the last photo... now that's a cool photo if I don't say so myself!
    Last edited by dvandkq; 04-01-2008 at 07:50 PM.
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

Quote Originally Posted by dvandkq View Post

I do love the shadows cast by the smoke trails in the last photo... now that's a cool photo if I don't say so myself!
    Yup. I've never seen that shot.

RandallIsland
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemerchef View Post
    I love this shot.
    It reminds me of Idaho, where I lived within throwing distance of the military side of the airfield, amid the sunsets supreme.
    Great shot!

Quote Originally Posted by RandallIsland View Post
    I love this shot.
    It reminds me of Idaho, where I lived within throwing distance of the military side of the airfield, amid the sunsets supreme.
    Great shot!
    When I was a kid growing up in Southern California, we'd see the exhaust plumes of the rockets the Air Force and NASA launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base. I don't know if the guvmint still does that down there, or if the columns of smoke are still visible from the L.A. basin.

Wish I had been old enough to think about photographing the views I remember from my childhood.

That, and the brush fires that came up to our back yards - with helicopters landing in our cul-de-sac and our street flooded with fire trucks.

Fun times in SoCal.
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

chewman
    Like this launch? From my place in Lompoc.

RandallIsland

I love this shot too.
    But I cropped it for better effect I think.
    Forgive me.

rocketman

I love this shot too.
    But I cropped it for better effect I think.
    Forgive me.
    no

I had actually thought about that but after printing it out and editing out the sign post I liked it better with the top part left in as I liked seeing both parts of the reflection and the cars in the background don't really stand out as much as I thought. Its the pond outside where I work. I also noticed when looking at the large print I have in my office that the muskrats that I thought had just moved in have been there since winter when this was taken. You can just see their lodge in the middle of the reeds, the little bit of white is the top of their den.

RM

RandallIsland
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    no

I had actually thought about that but after printing it out and editing out the sign post I liked it better with the top part left in as I liked seeing both parts of the reflection and the cars in the background don't really stand out as much as I thought. Its the pond outside where I work. I also noticed when looking at the large print I have in my office that the muskrats that I thought had just moved in have been there since winter when this was taken. You can just see their lodge in the middle of the reeds, the little bit of white is the top of their den.

RM
    I just like hearing a grown man wax wonders over muskrat.

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    I might not have any sea lions...but I've got snow!
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

rocketman
    I just like hearing a grown man wax wonders over muskrat.
    yeah, well I like anymules, got a problem wit dat?

(I was labeled "nature boy" in middle school by some of the kids that I didn't get along with, they thought it was insult, what they didn't realize was that I didn't! Ha Ha!)

its actually pretty kool to have the pond right there at work, we have all kinds of critters living in/around it, I esp. like to watch the crane strut around the pond when he drops by to catch lunch. I keep thinking he should be wearing a long-tailed black coat and top hat because they have such a stately walk. Each time he catches something I want to clap and shout "Good One!" Ha Ha..

RM
    aka
    nature boy...