Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemerchef View Post
    Anyone going to one up Beemerchef on this one?
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer View Post
    Anyone going to one up Beemerchef on this one?
    There's nothing in my files that would do it! I don't take nearly enough pictures!
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Well I tried...

rocketman

Voni's birds #715

Ar those crackles (sp?) We have tons of those that live in the Wildlife Preserve behind my house. Every evening they flock in the trees right at the edge of the development and raise a real ruckus for about 10-15 minutes then almost on que they all go racing off home to the Preserve then every morning repeat before flying off in all directions for the day, only to return at sunset and do it all over again. The sky is literally black with birds and the noise is increasable and its always right at the same time every day, I set my clocks by their flocking! (Ok, so maybe not THAT precise, by still...) Ha Ha!

RM

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    Ar those crackles (sp?) We have tons of those that live in the Wildlife Preserve behind my house. Every evening they flock in the trees right at the edge of the development and raise a real ruckus for about 10-15 minutes then almost on que they all go racing off home to the Preserve then every morning repeat before flying off in all directions for the day, only to return at sunset and do it all over again. The sky is literally black with birds and the noise is increasable and its always right at the same time every day, I set my clocks by their flocking! (Ok, so maybe not THAT precise, by still...) Ha Ha!

RM

Kind of like Sturgis, eh?

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post

Kind of like Sturgis, eh?

Voni
    sMiling
    Ha Ha! Can't say, never been there but I imagine its a good bit noisier!

RM

#719....
    I will not write what I am thinking...
    No... I will not... will not... or what I said when I saw... "THAT"!!! Perfect lighting... and composition...

rocketman
    #719....
    I will not write what I am thinking...
    No... I will not... will not... or what I said when I saw... "THAT"!!! Perfect lighting... and composition...
    Yes Yes I know I had that same reaction when I saw the picture on my monitor when I got home.....

"HeY Waiter, someone just barfed on my PLATE!!!"

but actually it was much better "in person" and was some of the best beef I've ever had, and I've had some damn fine beef in my 57 years. It was cooked flambe' at our table at our last meal in Cabo last fall, the breakfast we had at the same place that morning was equally delish......them Mexicans grow some grass feed beef like you would not believe, just show it the knife and it cuts itself....

RM

SNC1923
    This is SUCH a great shot.

It's a common picture--everyone's got one. But this rendering, the composition, the unusual subject/shadow, the intensity of the apparent speed rendered in the blurring yellow line, how it bisects the picture diagonally. . . .

Wow Tom... #735 is a powerful picture!!! What kind of lens to you use?... and mainly... how far where you??? Obviously you are still here!!! That is a remarquable shot... ( )
    Be well...
    Ara & Spirit

Did you see what Beemerchefs dog's urine did to that tree? #728

I heard pit bulls were tough, but that's through & through... Jeeze...

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post

It's a common picture--everyone's got one. But this rendering, the composition, the unusual subject/shadow, the intensity of the apparent speed rendered in the blurring yellow line, how it bisects the picture diagonally. . . .

Thanks Tom, I appreciate the details about what makes this a good shot.
    I wish I'd taken it. You failed to mention the 3 fingered glove...which is why Lisa was taking the picture to begin with.
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

rocketman
    Wow Tom... #735 is a powerful picture!!! What kind of lens to you use?... and mainly... how far where you??? Obviously you are still here!!! That is a remarquable shot... ( )
    Be well...
    Ara & Spirit
    yeah, lucky for him the dear showed up just as the cat was leaping or well,, we would be shy one on mod on the photo phorum <-----(this is now the official spelling by the way! )

RM

SNC1923
    Be well...
    Ara & Spirit
    Thanks, Ara.

My name is Tom "Danger" Moran. There are no lengths I won't go to in order to get "the shot." In this particular instance, I had to navigate through an entire Cabella's store, past the discount bin, and around a sale on fishing lures. I almost didn't make it back. Thanks for appreciating what goes into the making of a great photo.

--Danger

SNC1923
    Thanks Tom, I appreciate the details about what makes this a good shot.
    I wish I'd taken it. You failed to mention the 3 fingered glove...which is why Lisa was taking the picture to begin with.
    That's so funny. I did notice the glove, but that it was three-fingered didn't register. I was going to say it looked like an alien, but suspecting that Lisa was involved, I didn't want to hurt her feelings! (For those that haven't had the pleasure, Lisa is a totally cutie).

No matter how many fingers, great shot!